La Gondola? Any ideas?

kms1985

Hi everyone

Is La Gondola any good and does anyone have a menu for this? I am asking as I am coming from Darlington for a concert in October and am looking at the best Italians in the city centre. I know the arena is on the outskirts but I want to see Jess Ennis's gold postbox and also the walk of fame first so eating in the centre. Any help greatly appreciated?

Thanks

There are, as ever, mixed responses online. I believe that you're more likely to post a scathing review than post if you've had a decent or great meal.

20 years ago this was a top-notch Italian. I've been around five times in the past ten years and sadly, I now rate it as just another Italian, not poor but not great either.

This problem is exacerbated by the fact that, in the city centre at least, I can't point you toward a decent alternative!

What about Zizzi's or Strada?

Thanks

Of the two, Strada. But in fairness, they're both 'chainy'.

B.B.'s on Division Street, small but intimate with a genuine feel might be worth looking up.

Also, not uniquely italian there's Piccolo's off West Street. My favourite garlic bread and huge slabs of steak - but not cheap. They also do pasta and pizzas, etc.

Personally I like Mama's and Leonie's; their ribs are amazing.

I've never had a bad meal at ASK either, be it in York or Sheffield. But again, personally speaking, I prefer something a bit more traditional.

As for San Remo: is it still open?!!

I've looked at BBs and Piccolo's and they only open at 5pm, not leaving a great deal of time to eat and get to the Motorpoint arena for 7pm.

Whats the ask italian place like? and San Remo?

I'm not 100% certain La Gondola opens before 5pm :confused:

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Archived