PIR light-help with manual override!

Help!

I had a cheap pir light up in the garden (argos) and all i did was double flick the switch inside the house (off/on/off/on) and it would manually override and stay on until i turned it off. Anyway the light got damaged so i bought a new one. Fitted it up, obviously wiring wasnt changed as it was all the same.

The light wont manually override! It mentions nothing in the instructions but does say in the argos book 'manual override for contstant illumination'

Before anyone says anything about buying a cheap one its not price related, the othr one lasted years and reviews in argos match my good experience.

Anyone know how to do it? Thanks

I would imagine that if the new one doesn't do the manual override thing, then it's probably not designed to do it. The design may have changed since you bought the last one. Especially as you say there is no mention of an override in the instructions. You can always return it to Argos and point out the mistake in their catalogue, either get a refund or a different design that does what you want.

I would imagine that if the new one doesn't do the manual override thing, then it's probably not designed to do it. The design may have changed since you bought the last one. Especially as you say there is no mention of an override in the instructions. You can always return it to Argos and point out the mistake in their catalogue, either get a refund or a different design that does what you want.

As it says it in the catalogue i assumed it would do it. Its very strange.

As it says it in the catalogue i assumed it would do it. Its very strange.

It could feasibly be a faulty unit, but more likely it just doesn't do it, as there's no mention in the instructions. Just take it back and get a different one!

Archived