What an utter insult to our paralympians .

Wheres the coverage that the able bodied Olympic games got ? Why do the paralympic games get 'SILVER' torches and at that, only a few, lit on a few high peaks that are then transferred to bloody Davey lamps to take to London ? Nothing like reminding disabled athletes that they are second class is there ?

Our disabled Olympic athletes put in as much work (and more) as the able bodied ones as they do not get the sponsorship or the media coverage. Its a disgrace....

Lets see if there is as much 'hoo hah' for our disabled athletes in the media as there was for the likes of Jessica Ennis or Usain Bolt.

:rant::rant::rant:

I agree Kerplosh.

Even more of a grim irony is the French company behind the controversial disability assessments, ATOS are sponsering the paralympics. As a disabled campaigner said:

There’s a massive miscarriage of civil justice going on in this country. That’s proved by the fact that 40% of appellants to tribunals are having assessment decisions overturned.

Hundreds of thousands of disabled people are going to be deprived of benefits and may have to wait up to ten months for them to be reinstated.

There’ve been documented cases of suicide and other cases where people have had to go through the process three times and have died while waiting for tribunals to be heard.

It’s totally unacceptable that the firm that’s contracted to do this is sponsoring the Paralympics.

I agree Kerplosh.

Even more of a grim irony is the French company behind the controversial disability assessments, ATOS are sponsering the paralympics. As a disabled campaigner said:

There’s a massive miscarriage of civil justice going on in this country. That’s proved by the fact that 40% of appellants to tribunals are having assessment decisions overturned.

Hundreds of thousands of disabled people are going to be deprived of benefits and may have to wait up to ten months for them to be reinstated.

There’ve been documented cases of suicide and other cases where people have had to go through the process three times and have died while waiting for tribunals to be heard.

It’s totally unacceptable that the firm that’s contracted to do this is sponsoring the Paralympics.

The not so covert culling by the tories continues.

I agree Kerplosh.

Couldn't agree more Mister M. Atos are a money making machine sponsored by our government to reduce the numbers claiming ESA and DLA etc... People are now realising that this government are out to persecute the genuine disabled claimants to cut costs just like they have done with the Paralympic games. Lets see what the opening ceremony brings.

Totally agree with this. For some reason I do think people are going to get as into the paralympics as they did the olympics. Maybe it's the home games buzz but I really hope the athletes get the same recognition. I'll certainly be watching. If more people watch this year maybe there will be some changes in 4 years time.

I agree Kerplosh.

They can afford to with the money Cameron is throwing at them to manipulate the statistics by saying people who are unfit to work are fit. There's nothing like rubbing our noses in it is there.

You do all realise Atos have many different branches don't you? They've sponsored the paralympics for years.

http://uk.atos.net/en-uk/olympic_games/paralympic_games/default.htm

Atos has been the IT Partner of the 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008 and 2010 Paralympic Games and has now begun preparations for 2012 in London.

But anyway, I don't understand why there has been such a difference in the showing of either of them, I'd love to hear more about the paralympics, I feel like they've worked harder than the able bodied athletes to get where they are.

Archived