What an utter insult to our paralympians .

I think both games should be held at the same time, side by side. I cant think of a reason why not.

Because the disabled are viewed as 2nd class citizens, which is bloody disgusting, saw the mockery of lighting the torches on news this morning. Seb Coe TRYING to look interested, ah well I hope the contestants all have a good games.:)

The Paralympics closely follows the main games. A significant proportion of the people who carried the torch around the country were in some way disabled, which is why people suggested them. So why couldn't the one big torch relay be for both games, and the flame kept burning in the stadium for the duration of both sets of games?

Why not hold the Paralympics first? - You'd probably get some complaints that the athletes in the Paralympics were 'being used as guinea pigs' and 'being used to try-out untested facitities' but then again, people will always find something to complain about and I doubt that any of the venues/tracks/equipment hadn't been checked very carefully before they were used.

I wonder how many people were - towards the end of the games - becoming somewhat jaded with the massive TV coverage? I wonder whether that reduced interest in the Paralympics?

You would still need two separate ceremonies - unless you were prepared to spend a considerable amount more on accommodation and facilities for the athletes.

Archived