What an utter insult to our paralympians .

Why not hold the Paralympics first? - You'd probably get some complaints that the athletes in the Paralympics were 'being used as guinea pigs' and 'being used to try-out untested facitities' but then again, people will always find something to complain about and I doubt that any of the venues/tracks/equipment hadn't been checked very carefully before they were used.

I wonder how many people were - towards the end of the games - becoming somewhat jaded with the massive TV coverage? I wonder whether that reduced interest in the Paralympics?

You would still need two separate ceremonies - unless you were prepared to spend a considerable amount more on accommodation and facilities for the athletes.

i think what they should do, which may seem obvious

opening ceremony

main olympics

paraolympics

closing ceremony

straight after each other

i mean they even had some football matches on the friday BEFORE the opening ceremony, makes a mockery of the opening and closing

i didn't watch any of the Olympics but shall try and watch some of the Paralympics as I feel they need our support far more than the able bodied Olympians did. I think it's disgusting how the paralympians are being treated as second class citizens - but there again they are treated as such by the Government so I suppose there's nothing new there!

Wheres the coverage that the able bodied Olympic games got ? Why do the paralympic games get 'SILVER' torches and at that, only a few, lit on a few high peaks that are then transferred to bloody Davey lamps to take to London ? Nothing like reminding disabled athletes that they are second class is there ?

Our disabled Olympic athletes put in as much work (and more) as the able bodied ones as they do not get the sponsorship or the media coverage. Its a disgrace....

Lets see if there is as much 'hoo hah' for our disabled athletes in the media as there was for the likes of Jessica Ennis or Usain Bolt.

:rant::rant::rant:

Right now there is around 2.1 million tickets sold for the paralympics, it could be the first sell out paralympic games, I'm sure those that have trained for this are not feeling second class because they had a different colour tourch. I have seen alot of news coverage and non of those taking part seem to suggest they are second class, maybe you should take a leaf out of their book.

I feel it's a bit insulting for you to suggest the London games are treating them differently, do you know the history of the paralympics?

i think what they should do, which may seem obvious

opening ceremony

main olympics

paraolympics

closing ceremony

straight after each other

I believe it takes quite some time to adapt the facilities for the special needs of the disabled athletes.

Only because the main games tickets sold out - but they didn't really because we all saw the empty seats.

Empty seats doesn't mean they didn't sell out. It just means not everyone used their tickets.

Wheres the coverage that the able bodied Olympic games got ? Why do the paralympic games get 'SILVER' torches and at that, only a few, lit on a few high peaks that are then transferred to bloody Davey lamps to take to London ? Nothing like reminding disabled athletes that they are second class is there ?

Our disabled Olympic athletes put in as much work (and more) as the able bodied ones as they do not get the sponsorship or the media coverage. Its a disgrace....

Lets see if there is as much 'hoo hah' for our disabled athletes in the media as there was for the likes of Jessica Ennis or Usain Bolt.

:rant::rant::rant:

To be honest I won't be watching. I've no interest whatsoever in disabled athletes. Of course one must respect their dedication, but I won't be watching. I watched the real Olympics all the time though.

Archived