What an utter insult to our paralympians .

To be honest I won't be watching. I've no interest whatsoever in disabled athletes. Of course one must respect their dedication, but I won't be watching. I watched the real Olympics all the time though.

I am the same-I may watch a bit.Nevertheless lets hope they enjoy success and go on to co star with Branston in a virgin advert.

i think what they should do, which may seem obvious

opening ceremony

main olympics

paraolympics

closing ceremony

straight after each other

i mean they even had some football matches on the friday BEFORE the opening ceremony, makes a mockery of the opening and closing

That order was my kids view - see my post @8.

i didn't watch any of the Olympics but shall try and watch some of the Paralympics as I feel they need our support far more than the able bodied Olympians did. I think it's disgusting how the paralympians are being treated as second class citizens - but there again they are treated as such by the Government so I suppose there's nothing new there!

Thank you for your comment Laineyiow, its a shame that more people don't think the same as we do. What is the difference between both of the games in the eyes of the Olympic spirit ? Those that have posted derogatory statements need to look at their lives and see how they would feel if they were disabled god forbid......

Empty seats doesn't mean they didn't sell out. It just means not everyone used their tickets.

So why were they put up for sale at very short notice (either on the day or the day before)? It meant that only locals in the area at the time could use them.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/olympics/news/9439247/London-2012-Olympics-empty-seats-row-QandA.html

My daughter wanted to see the equestrian events - but they were sold out the day they went on sale. But there were plenty of tickets for the paralympics equestrian (which she also wanted to see).

Then imagine her anger when she sat down to watch it and see the stadium empty.

i didn't watch any of the Olympics but shall try and watch some of the Paralympics as I feel they need our support far more than the able bodied Olympians did. I think it's disgusting how the paralympians are being treated as second class citizens - but there again they are treated as such by the Government so I suppose there's nothing new there!

If it bothers that much consider offering your support throughout the year every year as once the Paralympics are over, these people will fade into obscurity.

If what people say is true and they ARE treated as second class citizens, work to bring them to the forefront, i'm sure they'd appreciate your support more often than once every four years.

I bet that hypocrit Cameron will be there next week making the most of photo opportunities and telling us how wonderful these people are and how they have worked hard to get there. I don't know how he has the nerve with the way his Government have treated disabled people, slashing benefits, forcing unfit people back to work and closing the Remploy factories.

Wheres the coverage that the able bodied Olympic games got ? Why do the paralympic games get 'SILVER' torches and at that, only a few, lit on a few high peaks that are then transferred to bloody Davey lamps to take to London ? Nothing like reminding disabled athletes that they are second class is there ?

Our disabled Olympic athletes put in as much work (and more) as the able bodied ones as they do not get the sponsorship or the media coverage. Its a disgrace....

Lets see if there is as much 'hoo hah' for our disabled athletes in the media as there was for the likes of Jessica Ennis or Usain Bolt.

:rant::rant::rant:

It's pretty obvious the the paralypmics are watched by less people. It's not as exciting. Not taking anything away from the athletes; no doubt they work hard/harder that the able bodied athletes.

Less interest = less sponsors

Less sponsors = less funding

I think the coverage will be 1st class this year, considering.

It's pretty obvious the the paralypmics are watched by less people. It's not as exciting. Not taking anything away from the athletes; no doubt they work hard/harder that the able bodied athletes.

Less interest = less sponsors

Less sponsors = less funding

I think the coverage will be 1st class this year, considering.

I think it will be more exciting. The wheelchair basketball is incredible and I can't wait to watch the blind football - I'd never heard of it until now.

I noticed the BBC news last night featured the paralympics at 21 minutes into the programme, just before the local news and weather. Funny how the able bodied got the lead just a couple of weeks ago

That was during the games though, when the medals were being won.

It will be interesting to see if the paralymipans will get the same coverage, during the games.

Archived