What an utter insult to our paralympians .

Firstly I agree with the OP's sentiments it is discriminiation. Yet to quote EAS and cuts to DLA is different all together. These olympians despite their disability are working hard which should be admired. Those that Atos are targeting arnt doing that. So while these olympians are doing jumps, swimming lengths etc these people are saying they are disabled and cannot work. The paraolympics shows one thing a disability should not be a barrier to people doing hard work and I have utmost respect for these paraolympians.

How do you know our British paralympians don't claim DLA, most of them do, as you can work and get dla

Wheres the coverage that the able bodied Olympic games got ? Why do the paralympic games get 'SILVER' torches and at that, only a few, lit on a few high peaks that are then transferred to bloody Davey lamps to take to London ? Nothing like reminding disabled athletes that they are second class is there ?

Our disabled Olympic athletes put in as much work (and more) as the able bodied ones as they do not get the sponsorship or the media coverage. Its a disgrace....

Lets see if there is as much 'hoo hah' for our disabled athletes in the media as there was for the likes of Jessica Ennis or Usain Bolt.

:rant::rant::rant:

Face it, the Paralympics is no where near as popular as the normal Olympics.

Being all offended about the fact it gets less coverage is just daft.

I for one wont be watching it.

i didn't watch any of the Olympics but shall try and watch some of the Paralympics as I feel they need our support far more than the able bodied Olympians did.

Thats patronising.

I think it's disgusting how the paralympians are being treated as second class citizens

But they arent.

but there again they are treated as such by the Government so I suppose there's nothing new there!

Meh.

Paralympians train harder than able bodied I guess but will the sponsors want them on there adverts, pushin their products, me thinks not. The paralympics is more like what the olympics should be, they have my ultimate respect.

Thank you for your comment Laineyiow, its a shame that more people don't think the same as we do. What is the difference between both of the games in the eyes of the Olympic spirit ?
The radically different levels of performance of course. the olympics is about people who are the absolute best in the world at what they do, which is of course amazing to watch (provided that thing is at least slightly interesting).

Those that have posted derogatory statements need to look at their lives and see how they would feel if they were disabled god forbid......
If I were disabled I'm pretty sure I'd still think the paralympic games were silly.

Wheres the coverage that the able bodied Olympic games got ? Why do the paralympic games get 'SILVER' torches and at that, only a few, lit on a few high peaks that are then transferred to bloody Davey lamps to take to London ? Nothing like reminding disabled athletes that they are second class is there ?

Our disabled Olympic athletes put in as much work (and more) as the able bodied ones as they do not get the sponsorship or the media coverage. Its a disgrace....

Lets see if there is as much 'hoo hah' for our disabled athletes in the media as there was for the likes of Jessica Ennis or Usain Bolt.

:rant::rant::rant:

Silver as opposed to brass plated. Lit on British peaks as opposed to Mount Olympus because the games originated in Britain.

Paralympians train harder than able bodied I guess but will the sponsors want them on there adverts, pushin their products, me thinks not. The paralympics is more like what the olympics should be, they have my ultimate respect.

Why you say that?

Archived