Albert Bentley ex Police RIP

• 3 months later...

Runningman, Albert was a giant of a man that would dwarf 'Desperate Dan'. He had fists like buckets, but having said all that he was the original gentle giant from the old Castle Green Charge Office, whose mere presence calmed many a situation. I was privileged to have known him and will be sadly missed.

• 1 year later...
Albert Bentley, a giant of a man, ex well respected Copper died recently. A man not to be messed with, but a kind and gentle bloke to his friends and family.

I had the pleasure of working with Albert , and as a young copper I always felt safe with him by my side .He used to do point duty on Commercial Street and woe betide anybody who didn't do as they were directed. His hands were like snowshovels

i am fine now thank you,I have recently had trouble walking but have had a stent fitted in my leg and feel I could run a marathon(joking) hope all the family are well, I remember them as children Karen,Adrian & ashley but like mine are all grown up, sometimes wonder where all the years have gone.I used to go down to the shops at Nether Edge and call in to have a cuppa before pushing Tim in His pram back up the hill to Brincliffe Edge Road. Hope your mum is keeping well remember me to her was so very sorry to hear about your Dad, what a good man he was. Best wishes to you all. x

Archived