How many chickens in a Knorr stock cube?

'What's that alcoblog?' I hear you say.

Well, I'll say it again ... how many chickens are in a Knorr stock cube?

Simple, but enigmatic.

This perplexing little conundrum's been playing on my mind quite a lot recently ... especially today whilst making nasturtium soup.

As well as (obviously) nasturtiums, my recipe called for six chicken stock cubes as well (yes ... six!). :o

Fortunately, being a keen chef, my kitchen carries those sorts of quantities.

Whilst adding the stock to the aforementioned nasturtiums (sweating down in their own juices), the same old nagging question came to the forefront of my agile brain ... you've guessed! ... :thumbsup:

Personally, I reckon there could be up to (and including) seven chickens in a cube, they taste very chickeny ... but I may be wrong.

Does anyone out there know the correct answer? Do you work for Knorr or know Marco Pierre White? (or specialize in hydraulic chicken presses) :huh:

You have made the common mistake of assuming that chicken stock cubes contain actual chicken, when in fact these aforementioned cubes are actually the product of years of research into genetically modifying your standard domesticated chicken (commonus chicken muckus).

Each bird is bred to specifically lay in quantities of 6 cubes at a time (enough to fill a standard box), and each cube is delivered ready foil wrapped due to a secret feed formula.

Perhaps the question you should be asking is: "What came first, the chicken or the chicken stock cube?"

Based on my other half's disgust at finding out that his beloved gravy granules didn't actually contain any beef at all and were in fact (said very quietly to avoid more annoyed outbursts) vegetarian the possibility exists that there is no chicken at all in chicken stock cubes and they are just a ploy invented by chickens to con people out of cooking real chicken.

Did you not count them before adding them to the soup?

It is your responsibility to know what is in your food. You presumably measured the nasturtiums, so why not the chooks?

Based on my other half's disgust at finding out that his beloved gravy granules didn't actually contain any beef at all and were in fact (said very quietly to avoid more annoyed outbursts) vegetarian the possibility exists that there is no chicken at all in chicken stock cubes and they are just a ploy invented by chickens to con people out of cooking real chicken.

A common mistake ... lots of people think Marmite's got meat in it!

You don't think chickens are stupid enough to think people'd try to roast a stock cube do you?

You have made the common mistake of assuming that chicken stock cubes contain actual chicken, when in fact these aforementioned cubes are actually the product of years of research into genetically modifying your standard domesticated chicken (commonus chicken muckus).

Each bird is bred to specifically lay in quantities of 6 cubes at a time (enough to fill a standard box), and each cube is delivered ready foil wrapped due to a secret feed formula.

Perhaps the question you should be asking is: "What came first, the chicken or the chicken stock cube?"

I think you're thinking of battery powered chickens. It definitely says there's chickens in the cubes on the box, and I highly doubt that both Unilever and Marco Pierre White tell fibs! :)

Archived