How many chickens in a Knorr stock cube?

Im thinking on the same lines actually. I was wondering today how many cows there were in an OXO stock cube.:suspect:

Apart from the beef ones, I'd guess about none. :P

Unless some cows and sheep followed the chickens into the chicken squishing room to see where they were going? (whilst eating vegetables)

Im thinking on the same lines actually. I was wondering today how many cows there were in an OXO stock cube.:suspect:

I'd be more interested in knowing how many babies are used in a bottle of Johnsons Baby Oil. I think we should be told these important facts!

The ingredients are as follows..

Salt, Potato Starch, Vegetable Oil, Chicken Powder 1.5%, Chicken Fat (3%), Spices (Turmeric, Pepper, Celery Seed), Flavourings, Onion, Herbs (Parsley, Tarragon), Citric Acid, Caramelised Sugar, Maltodextrin, Spice extracts.

Now, Chicken Powder 1.5%, i'm guessing this is the rubbish they can't normally use, ground down, like all the rubbish you wouldn't normally eat..

Chicken Fat (3%) - well, enough said really..

So I rekon there's about 0.01 chicken per cube, or something like that.

but being a chef, you should know how to make stock, throw all the left overs of the chicken into a pan of boiling water, leave it for a few hours, then remove all the large bits, add spices and flavours, and reduce as much as you want.. :)

Worse still what about Bassetts Jelly Babies ? Not only babies but they are different coloured ones !!:rant:

Now clearly they are made of jelly shaped like babies, but Baby oil is another matter I reckon... :suspect: You'll be telling me next that there are no sunflowers in sunflower oil... :)

Er ... getting back to the actual subject of chicken cubes ...

Here's a recent photograph (furtively taken) of the Knorr chicken stock cube manufacturing line.

I think, from this photograph, you can plainly see that it takes seven chickens to produce one stock cube! :)

The ingredients are as follows..

Salt, Potato Starch, Vegetable Oil, Chicken Powder 1.5%, Chicken Fat (3%), Spices (Turmeric, Pepper, Celery Seed), Flavourings, Onion, Herbs (Parsley, Tarragon), Citric Acid, Caramelised Sugar, Maltodextrin, Spice extracts.

Now, Chicken Powder 1.5%, i'm guessing this is the rubbish they can't normally use, ground down, like all the rubbish you wouldn't normally eat..

Chicken Fat (3%) - well, enough said really..

So I rekon there's about 0.01 chicken per cube, or something like that.

but being a chef, you should know how to make stock, throw all the left overs of the chicken into a pan of boiling water, leave it for a few hours, then remove all the large bits, add spices and flavours, and reduce as much as you want.. :)

Yes ... I know that!

But it doesn't state how many chickens it's a percentage of!

I'm sticking to seven ... :roll:

Yes ... I know that!

But it doesn't state how many chickens it's a percentage of!

I'm sticking to seven ... :roll:

I fear the actual number may never be determined, as the majority of us will probably recall that when we were growing up we were repeatedly told never to count our chickens ...

Archived