How many chickens in a Knorr stock cube?

'What's that alcoblog?' I hear you say.

Well, I'll say it again ... how many chickens are in a Knorr stock cube?

Simple, but enigmatic.

This perplexing little conundrum's been playing on my mind quite a lot recently ... especially today whilst making nasturtium soup.

As well as (obviously) nasturtiums, my recipe called for six chicken stock cubes as well (yes ... six!). :o

Fortunately, being a keen chef, my kitchen carries those sorts of quantities.

Whilst adding the stock to the aforementioned nasturtiums (sweating down in their own juices), the same old nagging question came to the forefront of my agile brain ... you've guessed! ... :thumbsup:

Personally, I reckon there could be up to (and including) seven chickens in a cube, they taste very chickeny ... but I may be wrong.

Does anyone out there know the correct answer? Do you work for Knorr or know Marco Pierre White? (or specialize in hydraulic chicken presses) :huh:

To be honest I susspect none. One of my muslim friends at work gave me a bacon flavoured packet of crisps as he got it from the machine by mistake. It was only after I consumed the afor metioned packet that I read the label. "Suitable for vegetarians" so therefore contains no meat whatsoever pork or otherwise. Most of these things normally just contains tasty chemicals.

To be honest I susspect none. One of my muslim friends at work gave me a bacon flavoured packet of crisps as he got it from the machine by mistake. It was only after I consumed the afor metioned packet that I read the label. "Suitable for vegetarians" so therefore contains no meat whatsoever pork or otherwise. Most of these things normally just contains tasty chemicals.

Correct me If I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain that bacon doesn't come from chickens. :rolleyes:

See post #16 for documentative proof that chickens go into chicken stock cubes. :)

Correct me If I'm wrong, but I'm pretty certain that bacon doesn't come from chickens. :rolleyes:

See post #16 for documentative proof that chickens go into chicken stock cubes. :)

True I was just making the wider point that a lot of things that has "meat flavourings" doesnt contain meat. Your right though I should have read the whole thread :(

True I was just making the wider point that a lot of things that has "meat flavourings" doesnt contain meat. Your right though I should have read the whole thread :(

Well, you just let that be a lesson for you. :rolleyes::)

'What's that alcoblog?' I hear you say.

Well, I'll say it again ... how many chickens are in a Knorr stock cube?

Simple, but enigmatic.

This perplexing little conundrum's been playing on my mind quite a lot recently ... especially today whilst making nasturtium soup.

As well as (obviously) nasturtiums, my recipe called for six chicken stock cubes as well (yes ... six!). :o

Fortunately, being a keen chef, my kitchen carries those sorts of quantities.

Whilst adding the stock to the aforementioned nasturtiums (sweating down in their own juices), the same old nagging question came to the forefront of my agile brain ... you've guessed! ... :thumbsup:

Personally, I reckon there could be up to (and including) seven chickens in a cube, they taste very chickeny ... but I may be wrong.

Does anyone out there know the correct answer? Do you work for Knorr or know Marco Pierre White? (or specialize in hydraulic chicken presses) :huh:

May I suggest a leg and a wing rather than the entire bird? Certainly not 7 chickens, that's crazy talk.

Archived