How many chickens in a Knorr stock cube?

but being a chef, you should know how to make stock, throw all the left overs of the chicken into a pan of boiling water, leave it for a few hours, then remove all the large bits, add spices and flavours, and reduce as much as you want.. :)

Hours?

Maybe an hour. But not hours

• 2 weeks later...
'What's that alcoblog?' I hear you say.

Well, I'll say it again ... how many chickens are in a Knorr stock cube?

Simple, but enigmatic.

This perplexing little conundrum's been playing on my mind quite a lot recently ... especially today whilst making nasturtium soup.

As well as (obviously) nasturtiums, my recipe called for six chicken stock cubes as well (yes ... six!). :o

Fortunately, being a keen chef, my kitchen carries those sorts of quantities.

Whilst adding the stock to the aforementioned nasturtiums (sweating down in their own juices), the same old nagging question came to the forefront of my agile brain ... you've guessed! ... :thumbsup:

Personally, I reckon there could be up to (and including) seven chickens in a cube, they taste very chickeny ... but I may be wrong.

Does anyone out there know the correct answer? Do you work for Knorr or know Marco Pierre White? (or specialize in hydraulic chicken presses) :huh:

Chicken stock doesn't contain ANY chicken, as such. As a keen chef, I would have thought you would have known this.

A good stock is usually made by boiling parts of the chicken that you don't use, such as the wings, neck, giblets etc. Usually, veg is added to the mix and simmered for as long as possible, preferably all day.

Chicken stock doesn't contain ANY chicken, as such. As a keen chef, I would have thought you would have known this.

A good stock is usually made by boiling parts of the chicken that you don't use, such as the wings, neck, giblets etc. Usually, veg is added to the mix and simmered for as long as possible, preferably all day.

It says "Knorr stock cube". I doubt they're made in the same way.

They've definitely got chickens in 'em ... it says so on the packet! I'm also pretty certain Marco Pierre White (another keen chef) wouldn't endorse them if they didn't.

Archived