Best things to do in Sheffield as a foreigner

SerYee

And certainly no cuisine to speak of. Plenty of fields tho but that's not strictly sheff.[/Quote]

Sweeping statement, Everyone has an opinion but this adds nothing. There are plenty of good restaurants, i presume you refer to michelin star type food which caters for 1% or less of the population.

yeah and its all foriegn, NOT sheffield or even generally english cuisine lol

im not sure even if the fish and chip shops are still there?

used to be one on devonshire st, one on the gallery opposite pond st (know thats gone now), one on middle of west st

I`ve been to Malaysia (KL and Langkawi). Amazing mix of Malay, Chinese and Indian cultures. For me, the biggest contrast would be to have a pie or fish `n` chips in a proper pub with a pint of ale, maybe even watch a match. Culture-wise, the Crucible, Peace Gardens, or get out of town to see the countryside in the peaks, lots of lovely villages, for a hike and maybe another pint and more stodgy food. If nothing else, it`ll make you appreciate the cuisine on offer `at home`!

Archived