An end to modified cars?

I have never driven a modified car that is "better" than the standard model it was based on, different yes but never better. Just this week we repaired a car that was damaged due a poorly fitted after market wheel coming off. The thing i cannot understand is are the police blind and deaf, illegal number plates are common as are big bore noisy exhausts .

They are often modifying vehicles as part of their challenges. From a greenhouse with wheels etc

The episode with the home made stretch limos made me wonder how they got away taking crap like that on a public road.

The ought to be cracking down on the use of mobile phones whilst driving ... I am under the impression that South Yorkshire Police turn a blind eye to people using them whilst driving. The amount of people, generally HGV drivers and women are the main culprits.

As for some idiot wanting to cover his Corsa or Peugeot in glue and ram raid Halfords and make their silly little cars look even sillier, let them get on with it!

Ridiculous, what happens when you can no longer get OE parts for your car and need to replace them with uprated components e.g. brakes and suspension because that's all you can find? Not only is it a necessity to keep the car on the road it actually makes it safer so what is the problem?

Throw away society yet again.

Archived