Speeding fine and you licence ??

Examining what you wrote - "disproportionate allocation of police resources", you have figures to substantiate this, I guess. Please share the figures with us so that we can take a view on the proportionality.

I presume you have the figures on the use of S.Yorks mobile camera units in contrast with the number of operational unmarked cars in the county?

You, no doubt, know how many drivers have picked up fines from a mobile camera unit relative to those handed tickets for being uninsured, unlicensed, without due care, TS10's ... etc?

Or is what you write derived only from what you perceive to be the case?

Ah! I wondered where you were!

As soon as there is a discussion about speeding you crawl out of the woodwork with your usual, tedious, snctimonious twaddle.

Do us all a favour and change the record.

Ah! I wondered where you were!

As soon as there is a discussion about speeding you crawl out of the woodwork with your usual, tedious, snctimonious twaddle.

Do us all a favour and change the record.

Hardly sanctimonious to ask you to substantiate the words you utter. Have you never been involved in a live debate? - how very "Comprehensive".

I start from a standpoint of "make a claim, be prepared to back it up with facts, not "I reckon, it feels like the truth"".

As regards what you claim to be the case, I have no axe to grind at all. I honestly don't know what the truth is. You made a claim. You could be right, I wondered whether you knew something having researched it with FOI requests. It seems I was wrong and you haven't a shred of evidence for the lack of proportionality of Police activities. You don't seem to be able to back up your throw-away allegations with any facts and your first response is to attack the questioner. You won't make the final in the debating competition, it seems, since personal perceptions of "facts" on their own only convince the man-in-the-pub.

For the record, I am no fan of cameras, fixed or mobile and I abhor the fact that we have done away with the bulk of traffic cops who might spot poor driving. And I don't think "speed kills", so maybe you've got the wrong person. I don't do sanctimonious, sorry, I do science and laws of physics.

Hi my mates just recived 2 letter from the police sayin he's been caught speeding twices in the last week (bit unlucky) he got caught doing 37 in a 30 and 69 in a 60. He recently passed his bike test around 2 months ago but has held a car licence for about 5 years. Does anybody no will he loss the bike licence?

How do the police know it was him that was driving the vehicle that was speeding?, dont they usually first send a letter out asking to confirm who was the driver of the vehicle to confirm who was actually driving. Was the letter from the police, or the camera partnership that uses the camera vans. Challenge it asking for photographic evidence plus ask for a copy of the calibration certificate for the equipment that was used to capture the offence.

Without photographic evidence I think they would have a hard time to prove it, but if he was actually stopped by the police there and then for speeding and told he would be reported for the offence its a different matter. But this is just my view I dont pretend to be a lawyer like many on the forum.

Hardly sanctimonious to ask you to substantiate the words you utter. Have you never been involved in a live debate? - how very "Comprehensive".

I start from a standpoint of "make a claim, be prepared to back it up with facts, not "I reckon, it feels like the truth"".

As regards what you claim to be the case, I have no axe to grind at all. I honestly don't know what the truth is. You made a claim. You could be right, I wondered whether you knew something having researched it with FOI requests. It seems I was wrong and you haven't a shred of evidence for the lack of proportionality of Police activities. You don't seem to be able to back up your throw-away allegations with any facts and your first response is to attack the questioner. You won't make the final in the debating competition, it seems, since personal perceptions of "facts" on their own only convince the man-in-the-pub.

For the record, I am no fan of cameras, fixed or mobile and I abhor the fact that we have done away with the bulk of traffic cops who might spot poor driving. And I don't think "speed kills", so maybe you've got the wrong person. I don't do sanctimonious, sorry, I do science and laws of physics.

Whatever. I've lost interest in this discussion now.

Archived