Austrailian State Mulls Cig Ban

As you pore over the Internet searching for cigarette bans,and starting another thread which will attract the same comments as your Blackpool parks thread,might I suggest that you start small ,and limit your campaign to Stocksbridge.

First Sheffield Parks,now Yorkshire........next the world?

As you pore over the Internet searching for cigarette bans,and starting another thread which will attract the same comments as your Blackpool parks thread,might I suggest that you start small ,and limit your campaign to Stocksbridge.

First Sheffield Parks,now Yorkshire........next the world?

it was featured on my home page on yahoo.com didn't have to search it was just there

Can all the morons above me actually READ the article?

It bans people from buying cigarettes if they were born after the year 2000.

Thus in theory creating a smoke free generation.

It doesn't stop adults who smoke now from continuing to do so.

I think this is a great idea!

Moronic idea.

It wouldn't create a smoke free generation for about 80 years ie until those born in 1999 or earlier died out leaving no one legally allowed to buy them

In the meantime them 1 to 12 year olds had better stock up before the law is enacted.

Banning substances that please or stimulate the senses never really works. American prohibtion only created a way for an enterprising mob to make a lot of money either by making home brews or bringing the booze across from Canada and Mexico. Whose to say that the same on a much smaller scale wont happen in this Australian state.

The best way is through education. Teaching the dangers of nicotine use and addiction starting with kids as young as five.

It seems to have worked in America where now only 20 percent of the population still smoke

I never read threads, why start on this one - much more time efficient to just spout off and either look a fool or be deleted by the mods.

re fags - I believe they are actually beneficial to health and all the health scares have been made up by southerners to unnecessarily scare people in the north.

I insisted that my kid smoke from age 9 despite her resistance, after a few months, she was compltely hooked and now smokes 20 a day bless her.

Archived