What to do with £80,000 ?

Put £30,000 in premium Bonds at least you don't lose any money.
No interest,....no capital gain, and lucky if you get £25 now and again. You are better off in the bank and buying a lottery ticket weekly if you want to gamble.Better still buy gold coins!

No interest,....no capital gain, and lucky if you get £25 now and again. You are better off in the bank and buying a lottery ticket weekly if you want to gamble.Better still buy gold coins!

I know of people who have regular prizes off them, at least you not losing your money.

dear god cyclone, do you really, honestly believe that betting on horse racing is all gambling and that of chance? How can you have grown into an adult and think that? You're so cute. Why do you think bookies cap betting accounts, to ceiling the profits of those that bet occasionally and accurately. How are these "gamblers" consistently successful longterm? It must be a miracle. :)

Are you trying to claim that betting on horse raising is not gambling :huh:

I know you're not a BTL investor, that is clear, just so you know, rightmove is not the place to go to check prices of properties sold for comparables.

I didn't say it listed 'sold' prices, it's a good indication of how much is being asked for properties though.

I could have used the land registry to check sold prices, but that would have taken me longer.

You seem to be hung up on the figures for BTL. I don't know how else to tell you that the LHA rate in MK is £950 per month for a 4bed.

Yeah, we established that, not that I ever disputed it.

Then you deduct the usual costs of BTL, insurance, management blah blah blah, and the cost of finance.

Something which you failed to do when estimating the profit in your first post on this thread.

The mortgage payment will be as you know dependant on the price paid. How do I know the price an investor will negotiate for a property, are you taking the ****? That's up to them and their individual skills, marketing, contacts and the knowledge and experience of a good quick buying broker and solicitor. BTL investors source deals below market value. This is common knowledge. Like anything in life cyclone, you can only learn by doing, I suggest if you want to get into BTL (a very good idea), then you do your own due diligence.

If I wanted into BTL I'd have done it already, I'm not interested.

Archived