Fuel prices creeping up!!

Has anyone else noticed the price of diesel and petrol creeping up over the last few weeks??? Its gone up over the 3p rise the government said they wouldnt implement!

Its getting ridiculous.

I always shop around now for my petrol and use a website i know to find the cheapest near to me, the difference can be 6 or 7p a litre.

Has anyone else noticed the price of diesel and petrol creeping up over the last few weeks??? Its gone up over the 3p rise the government said they wouldnt implement!

Its getting ridiculous.

I always shop around now for my petrol and use a website i know to find the cheapest near to me, the difference can be 6 or 7p a litre.

but the goverment havent put up the prices , the garages themselves have put up the prices as the cost of oil has gone up.

it is getting bad again though

Fuel poverty is very much on the increase. About 70% of all the money that we spend on fuel in any form goes as tax. The double whammy is the high cost of heating a house due to VAT on fuel and the power industries vastly increasing charges to feed shareholders.

Its getting ridiculous.

The government don't put the prices up - the fuel suppliers do.

If everybody in the UK stopped using road fuel tomorrow, the prices would fall.

Unless, of course, the supply isn't unlimited and people elsewhere were prepared to buy the fuel the UK no longer wanted to buy.

Fuel prices in Germany have risen significantly this summer. In early June, diesel was €1.34 a litre, it's now €1.59.

It's holiday time. Demand has gone up, supplies haven't changed and the Euro is weaker (another reason to be pi88ed off with the Greeks.:hihi:)

Sometime between mid-September and mid-October, when demand for road fuel in the Northern hemisphere decreases, perhaps prices will fall.

Or perhaps they won't.

Every penny the fuel company makes the government make more.theyre not going to stop it happening are they.

How are the government going to 'stop it happening'?

Are they going to buy fuel from the suppliers and sell it at a subsidised fixed- cost to your local garage?

Where are they going to get the money to do that?

The government don't put the prices up - the fuel suppliers do.

If everybody in the UK stopped using road fuel tomorrow, the prices would fall.

Unless, of course, the supply isn't unlimited and people elsewhere were prepared to buy the fuel the UK no longer wanted to buy.

Fuel prices in Germany have risen significantly this summer. In early June, diesel was €1.34 a litre, it's now €1.59.

It's holiday time. Demand has gone up, supplies haven't changed and the Euro is weaker (another reason to be pi88ed off with the Greeks.:hihi:)

Sometime between mid-September and mid-October, when demand for road fuel in the Northern hemisphere decreases, perhaps prices will fall.

Or perhaps they won't.

You think that it is still all about the laws of supply and demand?:loopy::loopy:

You think that it is still all about the laws of supply and demand?:loopy::loopy:

Do you understand the laws of supply and demand? - Your post suggests you do not.

Storage capacity is fixed. (And nobody really want to spend a lot of money buying fuel and storing it, anyway.)

Refining capacity is fixed.

Neither of the above increases in summer.

The demand for road fuel increases significantly in summer.

When the demand is high, the prices will go up. Partly because they can and partly because meeting the increased demand involves additional cost.

Local demand may fall in September, but don't expect the price of fuel to fall back to its lowest levels ... global demand is increasing.

Archived