Bank transfer help needed

http://reviews.ebay.co.uk/Payment-by-Direct-Bank-Transfer?ugid=10000000002794069

Could they buy the same item just as easily in Portugal?

If the answer is yes, there is a possible scam pending.

You may incur currency conversion charges and so should factor those in to the amount needed to be transferred (I presume you have already considered the additional delivery charges?)

they are new to ebay and have not got the item, and probably wont for a couple of weeks as they got to arrange collection and shipping as its a big item.

they have asked for

Name :_______________________(as per banking acc)

I.B.A.N nº :(22 Digits long )

Bank ; ________________________--

Branch ;_______________________-

Address ;_______________________

BIC\SWIFT code :________________

is the IBAN code safer to give than sort and account number

The IBAN is just an amalgamation of your sort code and account number.

Equal level of safety.

Just talk to your bank as to whether or not a transfer of this kind can be recalled?

Have you got a physical name and address from them?

I have just made a bank transfer and all my bank needed was account holders name,sort code and account number they didn't ask for branch or address......

regards pacman123

I think it might be different if you make a payment from abroad though, but not certain.

Its normally just account number and sort code if you do it online, you don't even need a name. Its the same amount of info you get on a cheque and is very low risk really.

Archived