What to do this bank holiday

Sheffield Fayre is on in Norfolk Park Sunday and Monday and it's free entry. Great for people with kids. There are military displays and typical displays of dily life from the Romans through to World War 2 and maybe later. There are horticultural displays, side stalls, freak shows, rides, food and drink available.

I'm sure the train to Cleethorpes is pretty cheap, I haven't done it in a few years but it was about £7 each way last time I did, probably a bit more now.

Probably has, prices have gone up hell of a lot since the forties.:hihi::hihi:

I'm sure the train to Cleethorpes is pretty cheap, I haven't done it in a few years but it was about £7 each way last time I did, probably a bit more now.

£20.50 return I think. It may be cheaper to get singles and break the fairs up into stages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leah-Lacie

£20.50 return I think. It may be cheaper to get singles and break the fairs up into stages.

Not gone up that much then, actually surprised! It was about 4 maybe 5 years ago last time I bothered

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Why not spend the day with a lot of like minded people (and granted, a few that you would cross the street to avoid), where it will not cost you a single penny, the entertainment comes thick (mainly!) and fast (not so these days!), and you do not have to leave the comfort of your own home?

Now what could that be, you ask?

I'll probably see you all there! :D

Here's an idea that seems to be popular on a bank holiday weekend:

Trowel on the makeup, wear tarty designer gear, put shoes on that you can't walk in, and drift aimlessly round Meadowhall. Loads of people do it :)

ROFL! :D

Nothing so exciting for me. Just going to use the time to cross a few household jobs of the to do list.

Even if there were free tickets available to get to the seaside, I'd be too worried about the weather to be honest. Last report I saw earlier tonight suggested a better day on Sunday but return of the rain and storms on Monday.

Archived