Chernobyl disaster

So should the small child be disposed of the same way then?

What about all the potassium 40 inside you - how are you going to remove that?

And don't stand anyway in direct viewing of that large reactor that we call "sun" will you.

I'm talking about levels of radiation..Do you know what your talking about?

Vladimir Shevchenko who filmed chernobyl died not long after from radiation poisoning. So you can't say I over estimate it. Messing with atoms is like messing with god himself, it is dangerous and should not be underestimated....the rubber gloves, syringe and packaging came into contact with the hazardous waste so should be disposed the same way

What, you think the rubber gloves, the packaging and the syringe should be flushed down the bog? - That's where the urine containing the radioactive dye went.

Shevchenko died. Many of the people who worked to contain the output from Chernobyl died. - I remember very clearly the film of the heavy helicopters lowering shielding over the top. I remember hearing that the people flying those helicopters were probably giving their lives to do so.

As for 'messing with atoms' being like 'messing with god himself' - get real! Leave the 16th Century behind! - most of the rest of the world has moved on from there. Many people have had their lives saved by nuclear medicine - some directly (ionising radiation being used to destroy tumours) and some indirectly (the results obtained by nuclear medicine have allowed doctors to treat them effectively.)

If all the nuclear power plants in the world were shut down today, how many people do you think would die as an indirect result?

In post# 17 you said:

If you read my first post, I wanted people's knowledge of the first few days it happened rupert

But now it appears that what you really wanted to do was to start a tirade against nuclear physics and the use of atomic power.

Why didn't you come out and say that in the first place?

If you are then you are not making sense. I do know what I am talking about thanks.

The question is, do you understand what I am saying.

I understand what your saying, rupert took it off topic. He made it look to people that I was attacking nuclear plants when I wasent, but then some suggested that it is harmless if the plant started to leak radiation is when I was stating it depends on what levels are submitted

I understand what your saying, rupert took it off topic. He made it look to people that I was attacking nuclear plants when I wasent, but then some suggested that it is harmless if the plant started to leak radiation is when I was stating it depends on what levels are submitted

Did I suggest that you were attacking nuclear plants (Post #63) before or after you wrote: "...Messing with atoms is like messing with god himself, it is dangerous ..."(Post #56)?

(I'll give you a clue. '56' comes before '63'.)

Archived