Advice on a Vauxhall Zafira

Guys,

I'm looking into buying a Vauxhall zafira on about a 52 reg, im just wondering if anyone has any advice for me as in things to look out for , prone problems, which model to keep away from etc.

I'm looking at the 1.6 model for cheaper running and tax costs, I don't need anything sporty or snazzy.

Any help appreciated

Cheers people

Mark

Guys,

I'm looking into buying a Vauxhall zafira on about a 52 reg, im just wondering if anyone has any advice for me as in things to look out for , prone problems, which model to keep away from etc.

I'm looking at the 1.6 model for cheaper running and tax costs, I don't need anything sporty or snazzy.

Any help appreciated

Cheers people

Mark

ECU (brain) terminals rotting away anything up to seven hundred to repair but don't let me put you off.

Do you realy need seven seats?

If so...it's ok.

That's unless you intend long distance driving.

The drivers seat is the worst I've come across.

2 hours in that seat and ya arse is numb.

The comfort, space, including boot space of the Citoen Picasso is far better..but only five seats.

p.s. seven seats in the Zafira = no boot space.

we had a 52 plate zafira for a few years. my wife liked it because of the high driving position but it wasn't a comfortable drive. the road tax was £235 the last time we paid it for a 1.6 petrol. as allen says, with the extra seats up all your boot is gone.

Whatever you do avoid this car like the plague my Zafira has cost me an absolute arm and a sodding leg this year absolute disgrace always something going wrong with it! it is the worst car i have ever had.

Do you realy need seven seats?

If so...it's ok.

That's unless you intend long distance driving.

The drivers seat is the worst I've come across.

2 hours in that seat and ya arse is numb.

The comfort, space, including boot space of the Citoen Picasso is far better..but only five seats.

p.s. seven seats in the Zafira = no boot space.

Thats all well and good, but you have failed to mention that the Citroen Picasso looks like a pile of dog-turd, wheras the Zafira is a smart looking car.

Check the shocks. Also the exhaust casing which may be going through by now (but once the outer casing is gone it's still fine for a while). Not the smoothest ride, especially in Pot Hole City, but a good workhorse. As others have said, no boot space with all seats up, but 7 seats is usually for occasional use anyway. With the back two seats down and the parcel shelf off there is a huge boot!

A few people report 2nd gear being a bit sticky on the older models, there are Zafira forums that go into why this is, we've got used to it.

Archived