Help find a death in the workplace, steel industry

hello, i would like your help to track down as much information as possible about a family member that died in a work accident.

his name was William henry Clark born 1883 in Boston and died 1940 in a work accident in Sheffield.

at the time, documents state he was working in the steel industry.

i would greatly appreciate if anyone could find any more information about where he worked, the accident, maybe newspaper reports, accident reports or any useful web sites that can help me get more information.

thank you for you time

regards Jamie Hanson

• 1 month later...

Hi

This entry from http://www.sheffieldindexers.com looks like it could be your man

CLARK, William Hy (Labourer, age 58 ) Died at 19 Christchurch Rd; Buried on December 13, 1940 in Consecrated ground; Grave Number 2930, Section JJ of Burngreave Cemetery, Sheffield. Parent or Next of Kin if Available: . Remarks: Officiating Minister: Richard Halliwell: Removed from Sheffield Parish.

If you know the exact date of death it is likely that the inquest that will have followed several days later will have been reported in the local paper - you can access these at the Local Studies library within Central Library in town on microfilm - although , it being 1940 , it is likely that news on the war would probably have been a priority at the time as the Sheffield Blitz would have still been a massive talking point (sorry).

Good luck in your search.

Archived