Shower V Bath - Major Discussion Thread

They should have bidets in council and housing association properties! What with the water meters!

Absolutely. Every home should have a bidet. It might even be a step towards solving the problem of certain members of our society's unwillingness to seek gainful employment.

I work shifts at a TV station and on occasion, it's hard to be motivated for the 6AM switchover. A nice sit down followed by a quick blast is invigorating and has me cheered up and ready to rock in no short order.

Sometimes, I will hop on, even if I don't need to "go".

Absolutely. Every home should have a bidet. It might even be a step towards solving the problem of certain members of our society's unwillingness to seek gainful employment.

I work shifts at a TV station and on occasion, it's hard to be motivated for the 6AM switchover. A nice sit down followed by a quick blast is invigorating and has me cheered up and ready to rock in no short order.

Sometimes, I will hop on, even if I don't need to "go".

I like to read me. I can imagine being caught short, and without a book of my own, I would end up with 50 shades of both grey and brown!

I remember as a 7 year old going on my first holiday to Spain in the 70's and seeing a shower and bidet. I thought the bidet made a great foot bath after a day on the beach, got the sand from between your toes a treat! Then someone told me what they were for.....Yuk! Made the rest of my family laugh though! Not long after that we got a shower at home..and it's been showers ever since.

I know. I can only have a bath because Kier busted my shower. And they don't answer my calls anymore. I reckon a good bath is good - but you still might have germs all over you when you get out.

What's better?

Opines?

Once a week I likes me a long HOT bath, to sooth away aches and pains of working life. After about an hour of soaking I let the water out then have a shower, while the waters still draining away around my ankles.

Throughout the showering process period I like to gradually turn the temperature down, bit at a time, until I'm eventually stood in a cold/cool shower. If done gradually enough, you barely notice the cold, but when you step out of the shower and get dry, you suddenly feel like the Ready-Brek man!

(other than that, I have showers through the week).

If I had both, i'd use both depending on the situation..

if I wanted to just relax and chill, I could spend an hour in the bath..

but if I wanted to actually really get clean, before going out anywhere, it would be shower...

Once a week I likes me a long HOT bath, to sooth away aches and pains of working life. After about an hour of soaking I let the water out then have a shower, while the waters still draining away around my ankles.

Throughout the showering process period I like to gradually turn the temperature down, bit at a time, until I'm eventually stood in a cold/cool shower. If done gradually enough, you barely notice the cold, but when you step out of the shower and get dry, you suddenly feel like the Ready-Brek man!

(other than that, I have showers through the week).

Sound nice. But someone of the internerd reckons that showers have germs in them. Like the foreign legions or something :(

Archived