Some things are priceless!

Today started off really badly. Its my birthday, my partner and I recently separated so starting a new life as a single working parent isn't appealing. My sister has pushed me into inviting a few people round and having a good old get together on a budget. So even though I have bawled my eyes out until 3pm today I gave myself an old fashioned kick up the backside and decided that friends are just what I need. Ended up having a good old fashioned chin wag without FB, an ipod, computer or phone getting in the way. Would have liked a few other good friends to come who couldn't because of not enough notice but ended up appreciating what I have not what I don't have. Remembering its the simple things in life that are important means I'm going to bed feeling much more positive than when I woke up. Hopefully I will still feel the same tomorrow!!! :D

Today started off really badly. Its my birthday, my partner and I recently separated so starting a new life as a single working parent isn't appealing. My sister has pushed me into inviting a few people round and having a good old get together on a budget. So even though I have bawled my eyes out until 3pm today I gave myself an old fashioned kick up the backside and decided that friends are just what I need. Ended up having a good old fashioned chin wag without FB, an ipod, computer or phone getting in the way. Would have liked a few other good friends to come who couldn't because of not enough notice but ended up appreciating what I have not what I don't have. Remembering its the simple things in life that are important means I'm going to bed feeling much more positive than when I woke up. Hopefully I will still feel the same tomorrow!!! :D

When you say 'tomorrow', do you mean today ... because you posted this at 12.15 am. Otherwise, that would make yesterday today and today tomorrow! :huh:

I presume today is yesterday as you can't have had friends round after 3pm already today.

Was today's yesterday your birthday or is it today today?. also, is tomorrow today or is it tomorrow, which is two days after today? (if it was yesterday) :huh:

When you say 'tomorrow', do you mean today ... because you posted this at 12.15 am. Otherwise, that would make yesterday today and today tomorrow! :huh:

I presume today is yesterday as you can't have had friends round after 3pm already today.

Was today's yesterday your birthday or is it today today?. also, is tomorrow today or is it tomorrow, which is two days after today? (if it was yesterday) :huh:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Hehe..tomorrow never comes

I agree the 2nd version is definitely better. I don't want another 'fish' was just saying that sometimes you forget whats important and I definitely find that sometimes modern technology is more a hinderance than a help!

You know, I think it's a lot to do with perspective; people often have so many unbelievably great things in their life, and generally don't appreciate what they do have.

You're here, you're alive, you're not mortally wounded. Everything else is a bonus. Everything is also temporary, money, stuff, relationships, *everything* will eventually fade and disappear. Not saying that to be cruel, but, it's kinda for anyone to not lose sight of what you do have, that makes everything else fade in comparison; you got life, you got the air you breathe, you got you.

Archived