Are you offended by swearing?

if you dont like the slogan on my t-shirt - dont read it. simples!

swearing is a fact of modern life. used in response to being startled or hurting oneself. sometimes it is intended to accentuate a point that is being made, or to get someone's attention, especially an ignorant or arrogant person. indeed the very act of communicating on this forum can be frustrating enough to elicit swearing. especially when moderators (especially ESME) remove your posts because your opinions conflict with theirs. then they have the audacity to include their own beliefs in their signature. i thought moderators were supposed to be inpartial. not so on this forum.

anyway, what did people with tourettes shout out before the invention of swear words?

Mod Note

If you see any examples of swearing on the forum please report them and they will be dealt with.

As it states at the bottom of every page, we don't actively moderate the forum, we rely on users reporting issues, that said we might accidentally stumble across an issue and deal with it, but generally if no one reports something then we don't see it.

Further the moderators are all volunteers, we are here when we can be, so if you do report an issue it may take a while before it gets dealt with so a little patience would be appreciated.

Further if you have a problem with the way the forum is moderated.

...especially when moderators (especially ESME) remove your posts because your opinions conflict with theirs....
Or think that any particular moderator is being biased then the place to discuss it is the Helpdesk.

Mod Note

If you see any examples of swearing on the forum please report them and they will be dealt with.

As it states at the bottom of every page, we don't actively moderate the forum, we rely on users reporting issues, that said we might accidentally stumble across an issue and deal with it, but generally if no one reports something then we don't see it.

Further the moderators are all volunteers, we are here when we can be, so if you do report an issue it may take a while before it gets dealt with so a little patience would be appreciated.

Further if you have a problem with the way the forum is moderated.Or think that any particular moderator is being biased then the place to discuss it is the Helpdesk.

Been there!

Done that!

Depending on who posted it depends on what happens

Certain posters get left alone while others get banned!

Pressing the report button makes no difference to some posts.

I think your slightly mistaken regards the forum allowing it, it seems that the forum does allow certain members to post as many swear words as they like.

The forum don't allow anyone to post swear words or vulgarity,but as a) the mods can't see every post they miss some which is why reporting is supported b)some people just get up peoples noses and get reported for every offence,it's inevitable some people jump to the wrong conclusions.

If you don't believe me report a post and see how long the post remains.

if you dont like the slogan on my t-shirt - dont read it. simples!

swearing is a fact of modern life. used in response to being startled or hurting oneself. sometimes it is intended to accentuate a point that is being made, or to get someone's attention, especially an ignorant or arrogant person. indeed the very act of communicating on this forum can be frustrating enough to elicit swearing. especially when moderators (especially ESME) remove your posts because your opinions conflict with theirs. then they have the audacity to include their own beliefs in their signature. i thought moderators were supposed to be inpartial. not so on this forum.

anyway, what did people with tourettes shout out before the invention of swear words?

What a load of b*****s!

There are more important things in life than getting frustrated with an anonymous individual on a public forum.

Learn to take it less seriously and you will begin to enjoy the experience more. :D

[1] bananas

Been there!

Done that!

Depending on who posted it depends on what happens

Certain posters get left alone while others get banned!

Pressing the report button makes no difference to some posts.

Since we don't discuss the action taken against forum users with anybody other than the person involved, how do you know that someone wasn't warned or suspended for a post?

I'm sure if you ask any of the people that you are currently railing against then they will tell you how many bans they have had for overstepping the mark. I can't tell you that, but I certainly can tell you that they are not angels and have not been treated as angels by the moderating team.

As for whether things happen the instant that you press a report button then I think you'll be disappointed in that. We never claim to be able to provide a moderator 24 hours a day and there is always a delay with response to reports, as there is also a human factor in deciding whether forum rules have indeed been broken (such as a decision whether a particular post does constitute a personal insult or a swear word).

I'm closing this as our rules are clear and have been applied for nearly a decade now.

Archived