How can this be a life sentence

Apparently it does if the said offender can't prove he's worthy of being let back out into society.

I take it you're afraid he may hoodwink the system after 5 yrs?

Some convicted murderers have done just that and have been released to murder again.

Then I would suggest that the death sentence is the ultimate deterrent. Nobody who was hung for murder ever did it again,:cool:

It isn't an ultimate deterrent otherwise those that have the "ultimate deterrent" would be looking at a more effective "ultimate deterrent".

The system, our judicial system never makes the mistake of killing anyone because it isn't within their remit to do so.

It isn't an ultimate deterrent otherwise those that have the "ultimate deterrent" would be looking at a more effective "ultimate deterrent".

The system, our judicial system never makes the mistake of killing anyone because it isn't within their remit to do so.

So , how many murderers who were hung went on to do it again?

If you cannot thunk of any; then I would strongly suggest that it is the ultimate deterrent,;)

And nobody who was ever hanged for a murder (s)he was subsequently found not to have committed was ever brought back to life, either,

Rupert there aren't many that were hung in error, I know Ruth Ellis, Derek Bentley, they argued James Hanratty, but his guilt was proved due to DNA in 2002.

I know that these are the high profile cases & there could have been more but, I'm of the opinion that such as Brady, Hindley, Ian Huntley, and lots more should have gone to the gallows.

If you take a life, then you should be prepared to forfeit your own life, even the bible advocates this, I wish they'd let the public decide if it came back; I think it would.

I also think that when they say they are too young to be named, sod it I'd name them, they've done the crime & knew what they were doing. I feel the following sentences should apply, murder (hang), child murder (hang), pedophiles (chemical castration), rapists (chemical castration), there are more but these are just samples.

Causing death by drink driving (life 30 years, no parole), it's premeditated as they get in car knowing drunk.

Archived