How can this be a life sentence

It deters murderers from doing it again!:loopy:

So, you don't kill someone because they murdered, but kill them so they don't commit an act they haven't yet done? You're in favour of killing, how about we snuff you?

The whole idea of a deterrent is to deter you from doing it in the 1st instance not the 2nd or 3rd. :roll:

a civilized legal system accepts that people change and rehabilitate, it also accepts that some offenders must rot in jail for ever, the norwegian system recognizes both.

brievik is racist scum, he will never be released thank god - he is driven by the same bigotry and hatred that drives al qaeda , the EDL and other fascists who want race war when we decent citizens celebrate the multi racial melting pot we so are lucky to inhabit

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Don't forget the people who were given life sentences for murder and subsequently had their convictions quashed.

Wayne Darvell 1986

Paul Darvell 1986

Rowe....)

Davis....) M25 3 1990

Johnson.)

Johnathan Jones 1995

Sheila Bowler 1993

3 of the UDR 4 1983

Stefan Kiszko 1976

If the UK still had the death penalty, you could add those names to the list.

Hey up Rupert, I understand what you say but such as Kisko he would have agreed to anything, due to his mental age. I realise that people have been hung that perhaps shouldn't, but more have who deserved it.

It has also been proved that a lot of squashed convictions, were down to bent coppers, or flawed evidence. I'm sorry but no-one will ever convince me that such as Sutcliffe & Bentley deserve to live, prime candidates for hanging.

Hey up Rupert, I understand what you say but such as Kisko he would have agreed to anything, due to his mental age. I realise that people have been hung that perhaps shouldn't, but more have who deserved it.

It has also been proved that a lot of squashed convictions, were down to bent coppers, or flawed evidence. I'm sorry but no-one will ever convince methat such as Sutcliffe & Bentley deserve to live , prime candidates for hanging.

No one is trying to convince you.

Rupert there aren't many that were hung in error, I know Ruth Ellis, Derek Bentley, they argued James Hanratty, but his guilt was proved due to DNA in 2002.

I know that these are the high profile cases & there could have been more but, I'm of the opinion that such as Brady, Hindley, Ian Huntley, and lots more should have gone to the gallows.

If you take a life, then you should be prepared to forfeit your own life, even the bible advocates this, I wish they'd let the public decide if it came back; I think it would.

I also think that when they say they are too young to be named, sod it I'd name them, they've done the crime & knew what they were doing. I feel the following sentences should apply, murder (hang), child murder (hang), pedophiles (chemical castration), rapists (chemical castration), there are more but these are just samples.

Causing death by drink driving (life 30 years, no parole), it's premeditated as they get in car knowing drunk.

Chemical castration doesn't stop a person from gaining an erection nor does it stop the desire to have sex. So chemical castration would not stop someone from commuting further rapes.

Archived