How can this be a life sentence

Rolling the eyes isn't an answer.

Your argument is because murders go on to kill, ignoring those innocents that have been killed are a price to pay.

Are you prepared to put your children's life up as a surety that the system gets it right?

No it isn't, my argument is that murderers should be executed as a punishment.

Occasionally people released from prison commit rape, murder and generally don't integrate into an already overpopulated world.

The chances of my child being killed or raped by an ex offender are much higher than my child being found guilty of a murder they didn’t commit. Innocent people would be much safer if violent criminals aren’t allowed to live amongst them.

In a world of limited resources I can’t see the point in wasting those resources on keeping violent criminals alive, the food and energy they consume could be better used on innocent.

Occasionally people released from prison commit rape, murder and generally don't integrate into an already overpopulated world.

The chances of my child being killed or raped by an ex offender are much higher than my child being found guilty of a murder they didn’t commit. Innocent people would be much safer if violent criminals aren’t allowed to live amongst them.

In a world of limited resources I can’t see the point in wasting those resources on keeping violent criminals alive, the food and energy they consume could be better used on innocent.

No, your argument is offenders should be put to death because their a drain on the system..nothing to do with punishment. Talking of numbers, you could kill every offender in the prison system and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to those who are starving to death around the world. As for over population you're much better concentrating on eugenics as means to reduce population growth as some form of stupid answer to solving the worlds economic/food shortage problems. If you're going to kill someone at least have the nuts to do it because of your real reasons rather than inventing a reason as a camouflage. The US, Iran, China sanction state murder..it has no effect on murders or solving poverty or starvation other than feeding and sustaining those entwined in the death penalty system. Logically you should be championing the "life sentence" as it in/directly supports a multitude of businesses, hence people.

You avoided the question with "my child is more likely to be offended against than being an offender", you ignored the possibility your child could be wrongly accused by crudely implying the odds are irrelevant. You and your child are lucky, you are protected against being wrongly murdered by the state.

Death row has nothing to do with the over population and plight of the planet. You would be better off concentrating on the real reasons why over population and starvation is an issue..not a blend your own prejudices.

No, your argument is offenders should be put to death because their a drain on the system..nothing to do with punishment. Talking of numbers, you could kill every offender in the prison system and it wouldn't make a blind bit of difference to those who are starving to death around the world.

How do you know?

As for over population you're much better concentrating on eugenics as means to reduce population growth as some form of stupid answer to solving the worlds economic/food shortage problems. If you're going to kill someone at least have the nuts to do it because of your real reasons rather than inventing a reason as a camouflage.

The reason is that they are convicted violent criminal and they serve no function in society.

The US, Iran, China sanction state murder..it has no effect on murders or solving poverty or starvation other than feeding and sustaining those entwined in the death penalty system.

How do you know?

There isn't any evidence either way, it may or may not cut murder rates.

The resources the murderer was going to consume may well have found its way to someone more deserving.

Logically you should be championing the "life sentence" as it in/directly supports a multitude of businesses, hence people.

But consumes valuable resources, which are in limited supply.

You avoided the question with "my child is more likely to be offended against than being an offender", you ignored the possibility your child could be wrongly accused by crudely implying the odds are irrelevant. You and your child are lucky, you are protected against being wrongly murdered by the state.

No I addressed it, there is a greater chance of her being killed or assaulted by an ex violent offender than there is of her being wrongful convicted of murder.

Death row has nothing to do with the over population and plight of the planet. You would be better off concentrating on the real reasons why over population and starvation is an issue..not a blend your own prejudices.

I agree, it more to do with killing people that deserve to be killed, that serve no useful function in society and use valuable resources.

Quite simply there are enough people and plenty without food and shelter, so what’s the point in providing food and shelter at great expense to a convicted murderer for the rest of their life.

its not going to happen in this country so your wasting your time spouting about it.

Archived