Advice regarding a spider!

Some years ago (when I lived in New Mexico) my next-door neighbour found a mated male Tarantula. (He knew it was mated, because it had the hooks on its forelegs which [ apparently] they grow just before mating ... hooks which allow it to hold the female still until it finishes the dirty deed - and gets eaten.)

This one had got away!

The poor little (or not so little) bugger was terrified! - It appears that he was worried that his mate was still after it. I felt really sorry for him.

I was also bitten by a Black Widow while I lived there. - I didn't need the antivenin (which is probably just as well) but it was an extremely painful experience.

I'm careful around spiders - but in most cases, if you don't upset them they leave you alone. On aggregate, spiders have done me far more good than harm.

It just looks like a giant house spider to me, I have killed 3 in my house with week, they are massive, but then as you say looks smaller on the picture x

They don't bite as readily - or as viciously- as do horseflies.

If a horsefly bites you next week, it was probably sicced on you by the ghost of a dead spider.:hihi:

Archived