Buying a property abroad

Benidorm is very popular all year round. I used to live in Alicante and work at El Altet and most of the flight arrivals went to Beni or Torrivieja which I think is a dump.

I reckon it would be a good bet at the moment if you can get a bargain.

Be careful of renting long term to Spanish people

Its in the old town, its up for116,000 Euros going to offer them 95,000 see what happens. Its either buy this or a 2 bed terrace over here to rent out, think i'd make more renting abroad and like you say its nearly all year round.

Nekatom, do you know anyone in Benidorm right now doing well from renting holiday property? The only reason I ask is because I'm sure there was a program on the BBC recently how many investors were suffering hard in that area? Who knows, the info on the program might not have been accurate so best to fully investigate for yourself but just thought I'd mention it.

No i don't thats why i'm enquiring. I've heard of that programme and some really bad newspaper articles about Benidorm, saying its quite and full of muggers. I've just come back, some bars in new part were quiter but old part was bustling, muggers? never saw one bit of trouble. Makes me wonder why they want to give it bad press, money leaving country?

Yea it sounds like the same program. So yes, best to speak with people who have actual current experience of this than just opinion. Did you get a chance to speak with any investors when you were out there. If you're not planning on living in Benidorm, do you know anyone you can trust to manage the property for you?

Spoke to Estate agent/letting agent all sounds good. They know a firm who gets customers for the property and also clean and hand over keys etc. They want 20% though. I'd much prefer to do it myself, like you say i could do with someone out there who i could trust.

Archived