R.I.P Neil Armstrong

Farewell you fearless, crazy spaceman. We will never forget what you did.

The Landing Module that he flew to the surface carried a plaque on its descent ladder.

"Here Men From The Planet Earth First Set Foot Upon the Moon, July 1969 A.D. We Came in Peace For All Mankind".

just in case aliens know english let alone human lol

Im not so sure that space travel has come on much, over the last 40 years or so. I mean, come on. Its 2012 and the best they can do is put a bloody Rover up there. It wont be long before they are going up there to change the head gasket, because I had a Rover 25 and they are only good for 40,000 miles, and the moon is a bit further than that.

Please; space travel has come on immensely, & the rover is on Mars at the moment, Neil Armstrong set new barriers for space travel. A fitting tribute would be to send his ashes into space

RIP fella

He was a great boxer, nothing more in my opinion. I don't think he's capable of saying anything now.

In his heyday he was the most recognized man on the planet.

I would hazard a guess that the majority on here would recognise Ali..I couldnt say the same for Armstrong.

In his heyday he was the most recognized man on the planet.

I would hazard a guess that the majority on here would recognise Ali..I couldnt say the same for Armstrong.

Yeah, so was Gorbachev, Blair, John Lennon, Bin Laden...in their heyday.

Armstrong was an unassuming man, not a self publicist. Ali knocked men out, had a pretty face and waxed lyrical..another will come along at some time in the future to take his podium. Armstrong stepped off this planet and onto another one..no one can take his podium, even if they tried.

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of earth,

And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings,

Sunward I've climbed, and joined the tumbling mirth

Of sun-split clouds,-and done a hundred things,

You have not dreamed of-Wheeled and soared and swung,

High in the sunlight silence. Ho'vring there,

I've chased the shouting wind along, and flung,

My eager craft through footless halls of air,

Up, up the long, delirious, burning blue,

I've topped the wind-swept heights with easy grace,

Where never lark or even eagle flew-

And,while with silent lifting mind I've trod,

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Rest in peace Neil

Archived