How Did You Cope With School Bullies??

The school I attended Hillfoot County School in the 50s was a little on the rough side to put it mildly,if you couldn,t fight you had to be a good runner.I have done a bit of both in my schooldays you soon found out who the heavy hitters were and either made friends with them or avoided them altogether.Most of the bully boys were older than you and woe betide you if you had some weakness or impediment for they would pick you out for sure.I liked to muck about most of the time making pals laugh mimicking teachers and TV comics like Max Wall,I could take his silly walks off a treat,Nat Jackley was another favourite.Anyway this got me out of one or two confrontations with the bullies simply making them laugh, though not every time then you had to fight or go under and your life would be a misery for ever.This was how I coped I wonder about anybody else on the Forum,what did you do?.:roll::help:

never a problem in the 30.s a40s if you got the cane you deserved it
Or the teacher was a bully?

You really believe that a 12 year old whose parents hadn't bought him the correct blazer deserved the cane and the associated humiliation???

Or that a kid who has been sent to school with a cold should be dragged from his desk by his ear and made to stand in a corner for sneezing whilst the teacher was talking?

To name but a few.:(

Edited by saxon51
spelling

Only had trouble with 1 kid really and that was usually when he'd got 2 or 3 of his mates with him,then 1 night I bumped into him in a chinese up Fox Hill,by this time I was about 24yr.old.Couldn't believe my eyes,he hadn't grown an inch,I was about a foot taller than him & about 15st. so I basicly reminded him what he had done & showed him up in front of his wife,to which he left his supper & promptly legged it.As they say,what comes around?

Only had trouble with 1 kid really and that was usually when he'd got 2 or 3 of his mates with him,then 1 night I bumped into him in a chinese up Fox Hill,by this time I was about 24yr.old.Couldn't believe my eyes,he hadn't grown an inch,I was about a foot taller than him & about 15st. so I basicly reminded him what he had done & showed him up in front of his wife,to which he left his supper & promptly legged it.As they say,what comes around?

Which restaurant was this-not the Shanghai Shogun?

I was never bullied at Malin Bridge Junior, and when I went to King Ted's I thought it would be the same there. Some hope. As old tup wrote it was usually older and bigger boys, so we went around in small groups. There were a few bullies in my year and Dave Evans was the worst. I'm not normally of a volatile nature but I gave him a black eye - no trouble after that. The teachers were not bullies (with one exception - Wightman) and took a firm line with any obvious bullying.