How Did You Cope With School Bullies??

Where I went to school Southey Green ( 1957-61) I found the bullies always hung around together. On their own they were sh8t. What did the school do about it F all. In fact they made a couple of the bullies prefects. hows taht for punishment. Make them prefects a license to bully. Good old Southey Green

Does anybody remember school bullies when you were at school? In my life I remember one at a school in South Yorkshire. He was bullying one or two lads the same age as me when I was about 13. He had a habit of coming up to you and kicking you at the back of the legs and screwing your ears round. On one particular day he came up to me while my back was turned and got hold of my ear so hard. I turned round and hit him so hard on his chin that he fell on the floor and cried. He never did it any more.

I had another incident when I was at work at 17. I was working at a pork butchers in Sheffield. This man said he was a karate expert. While I was working doing menial work cutting up the fat and meat for the shop this person tried giving me rabbit chops at the back of the neck and started pulling my ears round as a laugh. This particular day I turned round and hit him on his chin and he ended up in a bosh of washing up water. That was two bullies I have met in my life. Don't forget all bullies are cowards who try to play on the weak in society.

Guest makapaka
I always hit them back. I found out if they knew that if they hurt you then it was also painful for themselves after a while a message went out that it was useless to try and bully you.

I was never bullied taking this same approach. It takes some minerals but you've just gotta do it.

The first time I went home and told me dad someone had been having a go at me he told me to whack em. I bottled it the next day and he said tell you what if you whack him I'll buy you that "ram-man" figure from he-man (I was an 80's child).

I wanted ram-man that much I went looking for the kid the next morning and smacked him one.

Never came near me again!