Is Parking on a footway illegal?

I really can't believe you had to ask this question. You must be the thickest driver on the road so I will get you an award. Roads are for vehicles and paths are for people to walk on, simples.

I really really hate it when inconsiderate drivers park on either side of a two lane road creating three lanes for traffic. If it was meant to be like that then no problem, but it isn't maybe future planning can incorporate this but for the moment stick to the rules.

When you take your HGV licence or maybe retake your normal licence first you will become aware of this ignorance. A fine, you should have your car crushed.

I really can't believe you had to ask this question. You must be the thickest driver on the road so I will get you an award. Roads are for vehicles and paths are for people to walk on, simples.

I really really hate it when inconsiderate drivers park on either side of a two lane road creating three lanes for traffic. If it was meant to be like that then no problem, but it isn't maybe future planning can incorporate this but for the moment stick to the rules.

When you take your HGV licence or maybe retake your normal licence first you will become aware of this ignorance. A fine, you should have your car crushed.

What a pathetic post.....Grow up! :rant:

Well said SportsTrophy.

I hate it when I have to go round a car with a pushchair because some idiot of a driver thinks they can just block the pavement

I hope you're careful doing that- a pushchair could easily scrape the side of the car as you squeeze by, and that could lead to the poor driver having to rconsider their parking habits in future :)

Well said SportsTrophy.

I hate it when I have to go round a car with a pushchair because some idiot of a driver thinks they can just block the pavement

You must have a bloody big pushchair if you couldn't get past my car where I parked it!...Did you even 'bother' to look at the picture?...Nope...thought not!

You must have a bloody big pushchair if you couldn't get past my car where I parked it!...Did you even 'bother' to look at the picture?...Nope...thought not!

It clearly wasn't referring to your car

Well said SportsTrophy.

it was referring to one of the (many) cars that do get parked in such a way as to obstruct, or, make impossible, for wheelchairs, prams, and, in some cases, even pedestrians, to get by.

Force forcing them onto the road where they are at risk of being mown down.

It clearly wasn't referring to your car

it was referring to one of the (many) cars that do get parked in such a way as to obstruct, or, make impossible, for wheelchairs, prams, and, in some cases, even pedestrians, to get by.

Force forcing them onto the road where they are at risk of being mown down.

Ah...it's just that this thread was specifically about my situation, and I agree with you, I wouldn't dream of blocking pedestrian access. That is damn inconsiderate!

the yellow lines were probably painted there, to stop people parking a certain distance from the junction, and to give other drivers a clearer view of on-coming traffic, and due to you parking where you did, you were obstructing the view and therefore ticketed

i parked in a disabled bay at our leisure centre, i had my sons blue badge on view, but due to running late, i banged the door of the car shut too hard and the bagde fell to the floor, when i returned i was ticketed, i got a letter from the centre to proove i was there every week at that time, and gave my sons badge number, but i still had to pay, although they did say i could pay half the cost, i just paid up.

Ah...it's just that this thread was specifically about my situation, and I agree with you, I wouldn't dream of blocking pedestrian access. That is damn inconsiderate!

This thread was entitled "Is parking on the footway illegal"

The answer is yes it is and the sooner you and other drivers stop doing it the safer us pedestrians will be

Archived