Is Parking on a footway illegal?

[/b]

I've already established that the sign on the lamp post is not there any more for whatever reason.

Either it's been revoked, or it's simply missing.

If it's missing (therefore being a permit holders bay), then the ticket I was given is technically wrong, and therefore invalid.

If it's been revoked then I'm guilty

I wan't talking about the sign, I was talking about positioning compared to the road, junctions, curb, etc.... seeing it all from multiple angles... ignoring the 'permit holders only' sign (as I can't see that in your photo)

You're assuming that it's still a permit only bay....that may have been revoked and so the only controls are the double yellows which need no other signs...if that's the case you're bang to rights..

Is there any way I wonder to find out if the 'permit' sign is missing or if it's been revoked?

I wan't talking about the sign, I was talking about positioning compared to the road, junctions, curb, etc.... seeing it all from multiple angles... ignoring the 'permit holders only' sign (as I can't see that in your photo)

I have other pictures which I took at the time which clearly show the post and the sign isn't there.

If it was/is a permit holder only parking area, then presumably it is/was perfectly reasonable to park there (with a permit), therefore it's not causing an obstruction or endangering anyone.

I seem to be made out to be some sort of monster, because I parked in what I thought to be a perfectly acceptable safe place to park!

If it was/is a permit holder only parking area, then presumably it is/was perfectly reasonable to park there (with a permit), therefore it's not causing an obstruction or endangering anyone.

If it was but isn't anymore then maybe this is the reason why?

You're lucky they didn't get the police to prosecute you for driving on the footpath, which is also illegal.

Oh perleeeease!...Does your comment add anything informative or constructive to the discussion!...NO.

Of course you've never done anything in your life wrong have you?

Archived