Is Parking on a footway illegal?

How did you draw the conclusion that I was perfect?

Seriously, it's a crime to drive across the footpath where there isn't a drop curb, people do get prosecuted for it.

But it's hardly relevant is it?....I drove up a drop kerb, and I didn't get prosecuted for driving on the footpath...so what relevance is your post?

People get prosecuted for murder, but I didn't do that either!

How did you draw the conclusion that I was perfect?

Because you criticise me for some misdemeanor and say I ought to have been prosecuted with other offences too! What makes you so rightious?

The only conclusion I can assume is because you've never done anything wrong!

You appear to be parked on the footpath?

Yep. He does.

Double-yellow lines are double yellow lines. And yes, the restrictions apply from the lines, across the pavement to the line of the building/ wall.

The car is not exactly an obstruction, true, but it's contravening the Double-yellas.

Yep. He does.

Double-yellow lines are double yellow lines. And yes, the restrictions apply from the lines, across the pavement to the line of the building/ wall.

The car is not exactly an obstruction, true, but it's contravening the Double-yellas.

So where has this sign gone?...Bugger the link doesn't seem to work now!

The link in I think post 26 where biotechpete posted a link from google!

I have other pictures which I took at the time which clearly show the post and the sign isn't there.

If it was/is a permit holder only parking area, then presumably it is/was perfectly reasonable to park there (with a permit), therefore it's not causing an obstruction or endangering anyone.

I seem to be made out to be some sort of monster, because I parked in what I thought to be a perfectly acceptable safe place to park!

*sigh*

As I said, I wasn't talking about the sign at all, since it isn't there any more, I was talking with regards to positioning against the road, junctions, and other things....

Archived