Is Parking on a footway illegal?

*sigh*

As I said, I wasn't talking about the sign at all, since it isn't there any more, I was talking with regards to positioning against the road, junctions, and other things....

*Sigh*...Im not sure what you're saying!....I'm a monster for parking there...or what?

*Sigh*...Im not sure what you're saying!....I'm a monster for parking there...or what?

A monster? no... A bit of a wally? probably... You got caught. I think you just need to suck it up, and pay the fine. Oh, and park in a more appropriate place next time.

I have no idea how you've managed to go off at a random tangent and instead of noting that driving on the pavement is an offence, just kept making digs at me, bizarre. :huh:

I'm afraid you are the one, who went off on a random tangent. Did I drive the entire length of the road on the footpath and mow down innocent pedestrians? No I didn't! Did I get arrested for driving on a footpath? No I didn't. So where you dreamed up that driving on the footpath is illegal, in relation to the thread is beyond me. You could list the entire catalogue of offences in the highway code too, and they wouldn't have any relevance to the thread either.:loopy:

Running people over would be a different offence, driving on the pavement is an offence whether it's just for a foot or the entire length of the road. I don't think it's an arrestable offence though.

Are you now claiming that it isn't illegal? That I dreamt up this offence?

We could list the entire Road Traffic Act, instead I was just pointing out another part of it that you were breaking by parking where you did, unless you teleported your car into that spot of course.

Running people over would be a different offence, driving on the pavement is an offence whether it's just for a foot or the entire length of the road. I don't think it's an arrestable offence though.

Are you now claiming that it isn't illegal? That I dreamt up this offence?

We could list the entire Road Traffic Act, instead I was just pointing out another part of it that you were breaking by parking where you did, unless you teleported your car into that spot of course.

Thank you for pointing out this really rather useful piece of very informative information. It's much appreciated! I shall bear it in mind when teleporting in future. You are so kind!

you would have been fine, if there were no double yellow lines. I was moved on once, by a passing police car, when I was parked in a very similar situation to that, when I was in the vehicle at the time.

another time I got a ticket parked on a pavement, no yellow lines that time, my mistake then was not to leave a big enough gap on the pathway. The cop, or official wrote on the ticket that there wasn't enough space if somebody passed by, pushing a pram.

you would have been fine, if there were no double yellow lines. I was moved on once, by a passing police car, when I was parked in a very similar situation to that, when I was in the vehicle at the time.

another time I got a ticket parked on a pavement, no yellow lines that time, my mistake then was not to leave a big enough gap on the pathway. The cop, or official wrote on the ticket that there wasn't enough space if somebody passed by, pushing a pram.

I'm just waiting for someone to demonise you for 'driving' on the footpath. Like I have been! We all drop the odd clanger now and again. I genuinely thought where I parked was fine. It wasn't on the road, it gave perfectly adequate room for pedestrians passing by the car, with buggies are whatever mode of perambulation. The thing I didn't realise was that effectively a double yellow means the entire width of the street including footpaths or whatever.

soz not been on for a bit. Yes Saffy its terrible having to go on the road with your scooter it can be a right deathtrap. Yes gnvgsos I used to be 'trapped' with my buggy and had to go on the road every time...but the cars did used to get scratched because some mums get really mad.And as you say there is no law sorting it out.I also had a big pram(them were the days) and it was impossible on the pavement every house had a car..me too..not thought about it for years. We had a parking space but only held 5 cars!

Archived