Childood nostalgia - post your memories

Did you make peg guns, tod twangers and French arrows too? .....I doubt that such things wouldn't be allowed these days but gave us ours of fun.

Peg guns? - didn't bother. My brother and I had cap-powered spud guns.

You took the front 'bullet' end out of the cartridge, stuck it in a potato then put a cap in the 'cartridge case' end, put it back together and fired it. - The detonation of the cap blew the piece of potato out of the gun. Well, that was the original idea, anyway.

If you put about half a dozen (or more) caps in the back and a small stone in the front, you had a gun just like the cowboys did!

-You could even make splinters of wood fly off the wooden barrier your brother was hiding behind. - Just like the cowboys did on TV!

Good fun!

Don't know what the tod twanger is, but if you google the others, there are instructions for making them.

Do they still play French cricket? Got so many bruises from playing that! Fun though! :D

I don't think you were supposed to actually use a cricket ball!! :hihi:

Anyone remember making those little sort of 'walking machines' out of a cotton reel, and elastic band, some candle wax and some matchsticks? No idea what they were called, but I remember making them!

We made those, we used to cut notched 'V' shapes out of the cotton reel edges for extra traction. We called them tanks :)

Don't know what the tod twanger is, but if you google the others, there are instructions for making them.

Do they still play French cricket? Got so many bruises from playing that! Fun though! :D

The French Arrow could have someones eye out!

The Peg Gun is now on the list of stuff to do before school starts - we only have plastic pegs so I might have to come and see if you have some wooden ones rubydazzler.

Bet you do.

Archived