Returning an item on ebay advise needed

right i bougth a top off ebay listed as a size 12/14 it came and label said age 14,

obv wouldnt fit me,the seller has offered a refund only when i have returned item,

i have had this happen before and not got my refund back so im a little uneasy about returning again,

as i have paid for the item and postage and now asked to pay another postage fee in hopes the seller will refund anything

what should i do?

apart from stop buying on ebay

last time i bought something the seller asked to return it and would refund me i refunded got reciept seller then claimed they didnt receive item i didnt get any refund so i lost out,

Same thing happened to me,paypal were useless.

Send it back RECORDED. This way you'll get a tracking number and the seller will have to sign for it.

If then the seller claims it never arrived you escalate it to dispute within ebay's system and you have proof from RM to state that the seller signed for the item on it's return. Ebay will refund you and then deal with the seller.

the problem im having is it cost £3 just to post and £5 i paid total £8

so if i return via recorded or normal thats another £3+ and if seller only refunds £8 then im out of pocket?

they have got nasty so iv asked them to stop contacting me and iv opened a case with ebay let them decide hate this

all because the seller listed wrong size wish id not bothered tbh

right i bougth a top off ebay listed as a size 12/14 it came and label said age 14,

obv wouldnt fit me,the seller has offered a refund only when i have returned item,

i have had this happen before and not got my refund back so im a little uneasy about returning again,

as i have paid for the item and postage and now asked to pay another postage fee in hopes the seller will refund anything

what should i do?

apart from stop buying on ebay

You have to return the item in order for you to get a refund ,send it recorded delivery so you have proof that the item was sent back ............bear in mind you are liable for the return postage and you will only get the cost of the item and the original postage back .Ebay rules state that unless you return the item they can`t do anything but you can leave negative feedback for the seller

try this link

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/shipping-returns.html

Send the item back recorded delivery.

Raise the item with Ebay if you think you were mis-sold. If the seller didn't mention the "12" bit then they're at fault and you should get a full refund, plus your postage.

If the "12/14" was in the listing and it didn't fit, just be grateful for the refund and take the loss on the return postage.

Archived