Returning an item on ebay advise needed

Send the item back recorded delivery.

Raise the item with Ebay if you think you were mis-sold. If the seller didn't mention the "12" bit then they're at fault and you should get a full refund, plus your postage.

If the "12/14" was in the listing and it didn't fit, just be grateful for the refund and take the loss on the return postage.

I read it as the size was listed as 12/14 which is an adult sizing, when the item arrived it was labelled as AGE14 which is a child sizing. It obviously wouldn't fit. So it was mis-sold.

She's entitled to her money back, and both lots of postage really, if justice was done. The problem with ebay and paypal is that it's totally biassed towards the sellers, imo.

Think you either have to take the chance of a load of hassle, or sell it on yourself and take the loss on the orginal p&p. :(

Open a case on ebay for "item not as described", ebay/paypal will give you a refund if the seller doesn't give you a refund in 8 days. Don't pay to post it back. Ebay & Paypal are actually biased towards buyers, they offer buyer protection, use it.

Open a case on ebay for "item not as described", ebay/paypal will give you a refund if the seller doesn't give you a refund in 8 days. Don't pay to post it back. Ebay & Paypal are actually biased towards buyers, they offer buyer protection, use it.

Well they didn't help me when I bought an item that the seller claimed to be in mint condition, in reality a poor repair had been attempted at a delicate point on the item. Ebay were useless in getting carriage costs returned so I ended £60 out of pocket for a balatantly missold item.

Archived