Hillfoot Steel Hillsborough

DaFoot

I worked next to your John on the bandsaws, it was us against them. I left to work at Bramco your John was going to take it( a family member owned it ie cousin i think) but changed his mind. Our slogan was "Don`t ask why give the saws a try". Tell your John get in touch.Ps Ask him about Jock.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
anybody remember John Caveney or Ian Dickinson who used to work there

I know John and Ian very well

Do you remember "sammy" ginger hair kid used to operate the hand held crane. Did Ian used to drive the side loader?

I remember Sammy the slinger, also Pete and Dave up in small bar, Andy Peasgood the side loader driver, Jack Keyworth and Jack Southall who were bandsaw operators, Paul Bowling to name but a few. Ian was a saw operator on the old circular Noble and Lund and the Kasto360 bandsaw at the side of it. He also drove the side loader on occasions

Did any of you work with Jack Southall at Hillfoot??

I worked at Hillfoot Steel when Jack Southall was working there, I remember him well, he was a good guy

• 1 month later...