Going to the seaside

We're off work tomorrow and want to go to the seaside if the weather is good. Options look to include Scarborough, Bridlington, Skegness and maybe Whitby (although it seems to be a long way).

Want some nice fish and chips, a stroll along the beach and nice things to see. Which is best?

I don't like to be negative, but the weather isn't going to be nice at all tomorrow. But it depends what you want...I recently went to Mablethorpe, and I have to say I thought it was really nice!...Not very big...but it was much better than Skeggy, which was just up the road...Too many kids and too many people generally.

For what you want - beaches and fish and chips then Whitby is the nicest by far ; beautiful beach and the worlds best fish and chips (according to Rick Stein) plus boat rides from the harbour, an abbey to view and quaint shopping streets.

- but it is an extra 30 mins from Scarborough (although quickest route is via Pickering).

Others are v commercial with fronts full of tat / amusement arcades/ fair rides.

Archived