EBay seller is in Hong Kong..

There are loads of sellers in the far east that sell like that so probably not, but ...

How much was the item?

What's his feedback like?

Thanks; and the item was about £11.00 (not much I know but it's the principle I guess).

Feedback seems to be positive, but what if the seller's done that himself ?

isn't being scammed the risk of using ebay?

You can probably say that with any retailer online. BTW, this is the message I received when I bought the item :

Thanks for yours business , I will ship to you after your payment 48 hours becasue paypal need cost 48 hours to check the safely of payment . and we can't send item on weekend , usually you can get item in 5-7 business days after we ship it , if you still not receive it on time or there is any problem with the item , pls conncet us by ebay message or add our MSN, we can resolve it and support satisfactory answer to you in 24 hours (weekend 36 hours)

Pls don't open case or dispute or leave Neutral or Negative feedback or 1 / 2 / 3 DSR to me .

as you know that is really important to me .

Best regards and I hope you like our item .

Obviously you being to wonder.

This happened to me. The item was supposed to be in London.

I suspected something was amiss when it still hadn't arrived after two weeks. He claimed that DHL wouldn't collect from his office because of the olympics.

I asked him to walk to a post office and send it first class recorded, but he came clean and said it would be coming from Shanghai.

I submitted a complaint to Ebay. They refunded me, and I left negative feedback to warn others. The item finally arrived a week later. If he wants it back he can arrange a collection.

The item was OK, but that wasn't the point. I specifically ordered from him because it was supposed to be in the UK and I needed it with one week.

I wouldnt worry. I really have bought loads from Hong Kong, China etc, and they are normal sellers. It just takes a while to get to you. Normally the sellers do put in the ad that it takes up to 28 days to arrive, and it usually does.

Archived