Appealing a parking ticket for parking on a single yellow

My ticket quotes " parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours"

However there was no sign stating the streets prescribed hours or when its hours of operation are, and correct me if I'm wrong but is it a legal requirement for councils to provide a yellow Controlled Parking Zone stating its hours of operation?

BTW - I was parked on Cemetary Road outside that Gospel church.

I too have noticed a dearth of signs in the city centre stating operational hours on single yellow lines, particularly off Division Street.

Obviously another ploy to baffle motorists and extract money for our council.

I shall watch this thread with interest as I believe there has to be correct signage in order to enforce the law.

However there was no sign stating the streets prescribed hours or when its hours of operation are, and correct me if I'm wrong but is it a legal requirement for councils to provide a yellow Controlled Parking Zone stating its hours of operation?

Stick an appeal in anyway, because it will defer your fine for about 6 months.

I recently got a ticket for leaving my car in a car park where the machine refused to accept my money. I contested the decision and won. Not because of the faulty machine, but because Parking Services had used the same ticket number before, making mine invalid. Pretty unbelievable, given the length of the ticket number:)

Go for it, you have nothing to lose.

I too have noticed a dearth of signs in the city centre stating operational hours on single yellow lines, particularly off Division Street.

Obviously another ploy to baffle motorists and extract money for our council.

I shall watch this thread with interest as I believe there has to be correct signage in order to enforce the law.

It's not another (new) ploy to baffle motorists - there has been a Controlled Parking Zone for years in town - drivers don't see or read the signs as they enter the Zone. I was almost one of them once on Bailey Street. They create a Zone and save themselves money on the signs that they don't have to put up on every street's lamp-posts etc. (Controlled Zones are in the HC)

More recently, there have been more Zones added on the fringes of town as the Council have tried to deal with the issues of commuter parking.

In London, different boroughs have different times for the Zones which can be an absolute nightmare for anyone trying to work out which zone you are in.

So you parked on a single yellow not knowing what the conditions were?

I'm glad you received a ticket, next time you may be more observant.

Archived