Steve Rowe,Tai Chi/Martial arts seminar. Sheffield. Sat.1st September.

Seishin

Hi.

A bit short notice. here are some details about a seminar here in Sheffield for all martial artists of any style.

STEVE ROWE, Shikon Martial arts, Yang family Tai Chi.

Saturday,1st September 2012.

The seminar will cover. INTERNAL SKILLS OF MOBILITY.LIGHTNESS.ROOTING AND CONNECTION.

COST.... £20.

At the Scout Hut, Botanical Rd. Hunters bar. S11.

For more info call Ruth. 07986515792

Steve Rowe is head of "Shikon Martial arts" based in Chattam, Kent. Well versed in Wado ryu Karate, Iaido ( Japanese sword ) and a practitioner of Yang family Tai Chi. With over 40 years of Martial arts under his belt, he is one of the most influential Western martial artists in Europe. Regular columnist and writer for many publications and regular contributor to World of Martial arts internet programme. (please see link below).

I have known Steve for many years and have always found his approach to Martial arts training and philosophy very insightful. The principles he teaches are very accessible and of value to any martial arts practise. This seminar is open to people of any age or style and totally free of politics.

Hope you can join us.

Thanks.:)

http://www.woma.tv/channels/IS/beyond-technique.html

Me again. Just a nudge to let people know about tomorrows seminar .

This is a rare opportunity for people to come and spend some time with a great Martial artist here in Sheffield. Everyone has their favourites and we all have our own heroes. But every now and again we need to step outide the box and view what we do from a different angle. I suspect that a few people will not give it a second look because the words Tai chi are mentioned in the title.I dont mean to insult anyone, but I dont think many people actually know what proper Tai chi is. In fact , he isnt even coming to teach Tai chi. The purpose of this seminar is to relate principles of the Martial arts from a Tai chi system that everyone uses already, knowingly or otherwise and to show us how to access and improve them. How to root properly, how to power source correctly, correct mindset for training and fighting, breathing , posture and how to access our internal systems for the benefit of health and improve our martial arts.

Steves Shi Kon system is the only school in the Uk that can acredit students to NVQ and city and guilds certification. He was head of group 4 security in the South East of England for many years. He has worked on doors. He has received personal instruction from Ma Lee Yang, head of the Yang family line who is based in Hong Kong. (one of only a handful of westerners ever to receive this privilege),He teaches law enforement officers. the list goes on.

Why am I writing this ( it`s not even my promo )? Simple. I think as martial artists we have a duty to share what we do with other like minded individuals. In a world full of "fix it quick" and "my school is better than your school attitudes", we need people with real integrity and must seek out the best and most experienced teachers, because they are an increasingly rare thing, whatever your school. The martial arts are a life time study, we must all be open to learn from those that have gone before.

See you tomorrow. Maybe? Thanks for your time.;)

Archived