Yorkshire Dales advice ..

Me and my lovely O/H are off to the Yorkshire Dales for a few days at the end of this week ... we're staying in Kilnsey.

Hopefully, the weather's gonna pick up a bit by the weekend, so with any luck we'll be able to enjoy some great walks and sightseeing ... I particularly want to visit Malham Cove (having seen it on 'The Trip' with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon).

The countryside seems particularly beautiful round where we're staying (thanks Google Earth!), so that's that taken care of.

However ... there's always the chance that it's gonna tip it down all the time!

Just wondered if anyone knows of any interesting places to visit if it's raining ... restaurants, museums, art galleries, ancestral homes ... that kinda thing? Weird and wonderful would be good!

Also, even if it's not raining, any particularly fantastic places to visit? :)

Me and my lovely O/H are off to the Yorkshire Dales for a few days at the end of this week ... we're staying in Kilnsey.

Hopefully, the weather's gonna pick up a bit by the weekend, so with any luck we'll be able to enjoy some great walks and sightseeing ... I particularly want to visit Malham Cove (having seen it on 'The Trip' with Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon).

The countryside seems particularly beautiful round where we're staying (thanks Google Earth!), so that's that taken care of.

However ... there's always the chance that it's gonna tip it down all the time!

Just wondered if anyone knows of any interesting places to visit if it's raining ... restaurants, museums, art galleries, ancestral homes ... that kinda thing? Weird and wonderful would be good!

Also, even if it's not raining, any particularly fantastic places to visit? :)

I doubt anything would be remotely in your league of 'being weird'. But have a nice holiday anyway!

"Buffers" at Top o' the Hill Farm at Skipton is always an interesting place to visit. All in the one building you will find a cafe which sells excellent home-made soup and cakes, eggs, books, everything you need for a model railway (and it also as an operational model railway upstairs), basket-ware, greetings cards, crockery, and toys.

There is also an opportunity to see the young calves in the stalls just in the forecourt of the building.

For anyone who is in the area you should go and visit - it's like an Aladdin's cave.

There is also car parking opposite the farm.

Archived