Budget Hiking Socks

Hello, I was wondering what the best value hiking socks are for well, hiking.

I was going to go for these 1000 Mile Fusion socks with them having a built in lining but in discussions with Blacks, the liner can become crumpled and cause blisters and foot problems so they said I may be better just having one good layer that is well padded...

1000 Mile socks...

http://www.yeomansoutdoors.co.uk/products/outdoor-footwear/hiking-socks/1000-mile-mens-fusion-sock-c-m.aspx

So have been highly recommended these Bridgedale Endurance Trekker socks and was wondering if there are any available socks from other brands which come in packs of 2 or more and offer the same level of performance at a more affordable price...

These Bridgedale socks only come in one pair...

http://www.yeomansoutdoors.co.uk/products/outdoor-footwear/hiking-socks/bridgedale-endurance-trekker-socks-110003.aspx

I read a great tip for hiking which is to wear knee high tights under your socks to stop friction.

I know it might be a bit odd if you're a bloke but it does work! I did the Yorkshire 3 Peaks last year with tights and some thick ski socks (which I got in the sale at TK Maxx) and only got one small blister.

Also TK Maxx do sometimes have decent priced hiking socks upstairs in the mens department.

Might as well go to TJ Hughes and pay £3 for 5 pairs or whatever it is. They might not last forever, but at that price it doesn't matter too much.

i wouldn't, when walking your socks need to fit well to avoid blisters etc. I like Bridgedales, they are worth every penny and last for years. :love:

Archived