Nick Clegg demands emergency tax on Britain's wealthiest

The effect of that high taxation meant that lots of high earners then moved abroad.

Well it would ease UK overcrowding then wouldn't it, which I am reliably informed by some members of this forum, is the biggest problem faced by the UK.

No, and why do you think there would be even greater cuts? A lack of tax? I don't think so, they'll have moved on and I'll take over their job like a shot. :D

They will still be doing their job, just in another country. How many highly paid jobs are location specific in this day and age?

Well, let's do it then and find out if they leave. If they do leave that's fine by me, people say the country is overcrowded anyway.

Sounds awfully like that social cleansing you've been banging on about recently. Why is your version acceptable then?

Whilst we are on that, you have stated before you were earning well over £100k a year, so what do you think is a reasonable tax rate for you to pay on your earned income?

Sounds awfully like that social cleansing you've been banging on about recently. Why is your version acceptable then?

Whilst we are on that, you have stated before you were earning well over £100k a year, so what do you think is a reasonable tax rate for you to pay on your earned income?

what do you think is a reasonable % of tax to pay on earned income ?

Let's see what Mecky comes up with first and then I'll tell you.

First off, I don't think I ever said I was earning over £100k, if I did it was tongue-in-cheek and none of your business anyway. Secondly a flat rate is not fair. For ease of maths let's take a flat rate of 50% for everyone. What's the national average, somewhere in the region of £26k-£27k? So that would be £13k pa to live on which is simply not enough, especially for someone living on their own, as the case may be. I suspect the average wage in sheffield is no where near the National Average anyway. If someone earned £100k that would leave £50k which is more than enough to live on.

Your turn to answer the question put to you.

First off, I don't think I ever said I was earning over £100k, if I did it was tongue-in-cheek and none of your business anyway.

You certainly did and it wasn't tongue in cheek. Which begs the next question of why you were telling porkie pies but I doubt you will ever answer that one, much like you are not answering this one.

You certainly did and it wasn't tongue in cheek. Which begs the next question of why you were telling porkie pies but I doubt you will ever answer that one, much like you are not answering this one.

Yeah whatever, so answer ricgem2002's question then.

Archived