Nick Clegg demands emergency tax on Britain's wealthiest

Don't worry he has no intention in answering your question, I've dealt with people like all all my life and know it's true. I mean, "I'm not going to answer your question until you've answered mine," how childish is that? I answered his question is post 46 and he refuses to accept it. It's the same thing every day, it's quite pathethic really.

Your "answer" in post 46 was for the general case. I asked you a specific one. Ergo, you havent answered and have resorted to your usual insults.

Serious offer has been made - answer mine in good faith and I'll answer yours.

We have some nice mansions for sale here in Connecticut. We'll take your rich, yearning to be free. Don't worry about immigration or those silly green card thingys. With your kind of money you can get anything. look at Rupert Murdoch, citizen already!:)

Your "answer" in post 46 was for the general case. I asked you a specific one. Ergo, you havent answered and have resorted to your usual insults.

Serious offer has been made - answer mine in good faith and I'll answer yours.

It depends what you call acceptable, doesn't it? I told you why your version of taxation is unacceptable in post 46, which hits people on lower income the most. It is in contrast to the system we have now based on income brackets, a method which I agree with.

We have some nice mansions for sale here in Connecticut. We'll take your rich, yearning to be free. Don't worry about immigration or those silly green card thingys. With your kind of money you can get anything. look at Rupert Murdoch, citizen already!:)

Once went to Bridgeport, that's quite a strange place, those long offices in the town centre, I'm so used to seeing big buildings going upwards in the US.

I think 9% is a reasonable rate of taxation.

Almost what I would say and that's 10% taxation on earnings and the same as the old fashioned tithe.

Or keep it as it is and maybe reduce VAT to 5% on all consumer products as cutting VAT would possibly lower inflation as well.

Almost what I would say and that's 10% taxation on earnings and the same as the old fashioned tithe.

Or keep it as it is and maybe reduce VAT to 5% on all consumer products as cutting VAT would possibly lower inflation as well.

This 20% vat is a real killer,it's making firms think twice about renewing vehicles,while at the same time making cutbacks on maintainence schedules etc.

Why didn't Clegg negotiate this into the terms of the coalition?

Smarmy Dave and Gideon will be laughing their heads off.

Conference season around the corner by any chance and disgruntled membership to appease?

Sorry Nick the horse has bolted and you're a dead man walking.

It depends what you call acceptable, doesn't it? I told you why your version of taxation is unacceptable in post 46, which hits people on lower income the most. It is in contrast to the system we have now based on income brackets, a method which I agree with.

I don't consider your version of prevarication and ducking the issue acceptable so that's two questions you refuse to answer so far. As I've not even esposed my views on taxation, you cannot really make your claims above but I've come to expect nothing better from you sadly.

People are saying would you be prepared for more cuts, I read that he needs another £10 billion in cuts. It is fine Osborn saying we can't drive the rich out we need them to create the growth, what growth? He will not be happy till he sees people queueing to take a job at less than the NMW the man is an idiot.

Once went to Bridgeport, that's quite a strange place, those long offices in the town centre, I'm so used to seeing big buildings going upwards in the US.
I gather, since you wrote this, that you survived. I must congratulate that. Not one of my favorite places, along with Newhaven, or even Hartford. But the State is beautiful elsewhere.:)

Archived